❝𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎❞

Months and months pass. König looks out every window, reminded of her underneath the sun. His life never felt so lonely. He wanted to hold her. To see her. To.. 

He blushes and looks to the side. 

God..

He rubs his thumb on her face that's laid out on the photo. He stuffs it in his pocket and leaves to go to his room. 

He takes off his hood and holds it in his hands. His gun is resting against the wall. He stares at the cut fabric in the palms of his hands. The exact fabric he kills with. The exact fabric that kept him away from her.

He throws it across from him. And sits on the edge of his bed, eyes down.

His empty eyes glance up at the door when he hears a knock.

"König?"

He stays quiet.

Horangi stands at the door frame, arms folded. 

"You're more quiet than usual."

König sighs. Ruffling his hair a bit.

"Nothing that concerns you, Horangi."

Horangi does nothing but nod. Then he exits the room.

König hears nothing but his own breath and a bunch of men talking in another room. He has another mission in a bit. He cleans his gun. Loading it with bullets, checking if it's still intact. 

He goes over to the room his team is in, and stands at the back. His head perks over everyone, but he still tries to blend in with the others. 

His eyes don't bother looking at what's in front of him, his mind is too cramped to even listen. He knows what to expect. What to do. He just stares off into a different direction with a cold look on his face. Holding his gun in his arms with a protective hold. 

"Is that clear?"

The only sentence he hears before following behind his team. 

Crouch. Aim. Shoot. Repeat.

He holds his knife in his hand. 

Slice. Stab. Pull out.

Blood spills to his feet. He steps off the dead body and heavily walks to his next destination. He's ruthless on the battlefield. His thoughts, bloodshed. 

She should never see me like this. A bloodthirsty monster.

When he takes the final kill they go back to the vehicle. He sits down on his seat and places his arms on his knees. His gun is stood upright on the floor of the car, resting on his thigh.

"Nice work."

Someone directs the praise to him. König just nods. A silent sign of gratitude.

When König takes off the mask and leaves it on his table. He flops on his bed. And has an uncomfortable sleep. 

König..

His heart beats faster at the call of his name. It's just his name but it sounds different coming from her. It sounds nice.

He wakes up. Rubbing his eyes.

When will I hear it in person again? Meine liebe. Please wait for me. 

A few months pass. His hood on. The blood on his hands. And the thought of coming back to her. An endless cycle König thought would never end. 

Not until he was finally registered home.