❝𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖❞

König rubs his eyes and leans over to his side, bringing the blanket closer to him. He hears the gentle wind rustle the leaves outside his window. When his vision gets more clear he sees her resting next to him.

Oh!

He keeps his eyes on her for a bit, not moving his attention away. He gently pokes her cheek and chuckles to himself.

Squishy.

He adjusts the blanket on her and carefully gets out of bed. König takes another look at her before leaving the door. He smiles to himself and enters the kitchen. 

I'm thirsty.

He lifts his shirt a little to scratch his tummy. Tired eyes look around the kitchen as he takes slow deep breaths. He yawns and grabs a cup of water left on the table. König swirls the water around and listens to its sound.

"Morning König"

"Hm?"

He turns around to where he heard the voice. 

"Oh, good morning to you too."

She chuckles tiredly and walks over to him. 

"What are you even doing?"

He shrugs and drinks the water from the cup. He sighs in content.

"Would you like to go out for breakfast?"

"Sure, sounds good"

The pair walk to a nearby Cafe. It's not too big, and not too fancy either. When they walked through the door they were met with warmth, and clinking sounds of cups and spoons. 

They go up to the counter and order. She waits for König at a table and smiles when their eyes meet. 

"So just 2 weeks before you go back?"

He nods.

"Mhm."

"..Oh."

He looks up from his fidgety hands worriedly. 

Am I making her upset?

He rests his hand on hers. The waitress comes over to the table with their orders. They say their thank yous and look at each other.

König leaves her hand and takes a long sip of his drink thinking of how to comfort her. 

"We should"

He coughs, clearing his throat before speaking again. 

"We should make the most out of these last 2 weeks together."

She nods in agreement. 

When they continue talking a bit more and take a few more sips and bites they finally leave the cafe. They walk in silence beside each other. 

I like living my life next to her. 

He keeps his head down avoiding eye contact from others passing by them. König wants to look up at her but he's afraid she would notice. 

"König!"

"Mhm?"

His head perks up from the sudden call of his name.

"Ja?"

"We should go to a photobooth!"

"A…photo booth?"

She nods, smiling.

That smile.

"Uhm. May I ask why?"

He smiles in return.

"So you can keep the memories when you're out in the military."

"Ah. Good idea."

Entering a small area with a photobooth in the corner, König insists he pays. He ducks his head low entering the small box. She sits on the small seat waiting for him to get ready. 

"Ah..Why is this thing so small?"

She giggles. 

"You're just too tall, König."

He exhales a deep breath once he finally sits down, his knees kept near his chest.

"Ja.. I guess so."

They try to figure out the buttons on how to get the photos started, and when it finally does they adjust their posture. They have already taken 2 photos, they have 2 more left to make. 

König looks at her with a soft expression. Like he's forgetting their current situation, and just focusing on her. He doesn't need to worry about anything right now. The sadness of leaving her felt like it just blew away. He doesn't feel like he's running out of time anymore. She was beside him. She's smiling. That's enough for König. 

"König! Last photo!"

"Mhm."

He turns his head to look back at the camera, and the last photo was taken. They crawl out of the photo booth and wait for it to print. 

"It was so cramped in there. They should make it bigger."

"Not everyone is as tall as you König."

"Yeah, I can tell."

He mocks her height and she gasps, offended.

"Shut up."

They grab their printed photos, and she hands one over to König. And keeps one to herself.

"Aw! They're so cute!"

Cute.

He smiles and inserts it in his pocket. Making sure it's safe and secure. 

"Are we done for today? Or is there one more thing you would like to do?"

"Maybe.. one more thing. We can't waste time."

He nods. They spend time doing her recommendation and when they're finished, König feels the weight of sadness flow through him again. 

He sighs.

"Bye König."

They exchange their goodbyes and König makes his way home. He holds their photo close to his heart.