❝𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏❞

König..

His heart beats faster at the call of his name. It's just his name but it sounds different coming from her. It sounds nice.

He wakes up. Rubbing his eyes, and looks outside. There's frost on the window yet König can still see the morning light.

König sighs and slowly leaves his bed, taking heavy footsteps to the kitchen.
He pours water into a glass cup and leans against the counter while thinking of his current dream. Taking a sip, he thinks about the girl who said his name.

König...

He met a girl back in college and they became good friends. He only wonders why he dreams about her now. He wonders why he's dreaming about her at all.

Placing the cup in the sink, he opens the pantry and realizes he's out of bread. He leans his head back in dissapointment.

Now he has to go outside.. To just get bread. In the cold.

He gets changed putting a few layers of clothes on. Then he's out the door.

His hands are in his pockets. The tip of his nose and cheeks are pink. Every warm breath König exhales are turned into cold puffs of smoke.

When König steps foot into the store, he walks over to the bread section. His eyes run over the many options laid out in front of him. Grabbing what he thought was tasty and affordable, and headed to the self check out.

While König was scanning his singular item he glances over to the small area of flower bouquets.

Hm. Pretty.

He's going back home now. And when a bus passes by König takes a look inside. Everyone looks tired. The bus drifts away.

Then König's heart drops.

His lips part and breathes softly.

It's her. The girl he met back in college. Standing right across from him at a bus stop.

She looks.. Outstanding.

His mind is scattered. Like stars painted across the night sky. His thoughts are everywhere yet the center of his attention is her.

One hand on his side. One hand holding a bag of bread. Both his eyes glued to the gorgeous woman in front of him.

She catches his staring.

König widens his eyes and looks down on the pavement floor.

Ah.. I think she saw me..

A slight blush spreads across his cheeks. He finds the courage to slowly look back up at her. And hesitantly raises his hand as a sign of

"I notice you"

She smiles and gives her own sign of acknowledgement.

What.. What do I do? Do I go up to her? It would be stupid if I approached her and said nothing.. Hm.. Oh... Whatever..

He took the stupid decision and walked across the street to her. His head is hung low. He's nervous.

When he finally stands in front of her, his heart melts.

Oh.. Cute..

König fiddles with his fingers gently. Admiring her with soft eyes.

She giggles.

Oh! What a sweet laugh.

She smiles and points out how she notices him staring at her.

König explodes with embarrassment.

"Ah.. Sorry."

There's a small moment of silence.

"It's fine. I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?"

She looks up at him waiting for his reply.

"Ah. Hah.. I don't know.. I'm back home from the uh military."

His hand gestures are visually akward.

"Oh! Really? How is the military?"

He chuckles. Running his hand through his hair.

"Hard work.. But. Worth it. How about you?"

"I'm good.."

She smiles.

"What brings you outside? It's pretty cold."

"Ah.. Ja.. I noticed the cold when I woke up.. But.."

He holds up the bag of bread in his hand.

"Needed breakfast."

They both laugh softly. König makes small eye contact with her.

"It's like I'm seeing you for the first time again. Hah.. It's been so long."

She nods and smiles.

"Mhm. I'm glad our paths met again. It's nice seeing your face."

...My face? Nice?

A blush reappears on his face. And he tries to laugh it off.

"Aha. Uh.. Thanks. You're face is.. nice to look at too"

"Hah.. We should catch up. There's so much lost time between us.."

Excitement sparkles in Königs eyes as he hears her words.

"Oh! That.. That would be nice."

They exchange their numbers, and the girl that was once in front of him now has to leave.

"Oh.. I think my bus is here.. I'll text you later! Bye König!"

The girl then waves goodbye and runs to catch her bus.

He gasps softly.

His name. It's just his name. It shouldn't sound so nice coming her.

The flustered man tries to hide his lovestruck grin.

And continues to walk back to his house.