❝𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗❞

König puts on his hood. He looks at himself through the mirror. Adjusting his belt, checking things on his tablet. He gives off one final sigh.

Off we go.

2 weeks of hanging out and texting her were unfortunately over. He grabs his keys and unlocks the door, stepping out into that familiar crisp cold morning air. 

Before he takes a step he hears a voice.

"KÖNIG!"

Liebe?

She runs towards him. He turns his head to face her. 

"What are you doing here?"

"I needed to say one final goodbye."

He raises his eyebrows. Slightly blushing. He's thankful he put on his hood. 

"Oh. Alright.."

"When will you come back?"

"A few months."

"Ah.. I see."

He doesn't think one thought before hugging her. 

"Oh!"

She hugs back. They embrace each other for a while. König finally let's go, with subtle teary eyes. 

"You better come back König."

"I will."

He holds her hand. Smiling even though it isn't seen. 

"And don't forget me."

"How could I ever forget you.."

He spoke as he brings his hand up to her face. Resting his hand on her cheek. Gently holding her as if one touch could blow her away. She exhales a laugh.

"I'm gonna miss you."

He nods.

"Of course. I'll miss you too."

He lets his eyes stay on her. Holding on to her for just another minute. 

"Oh! Wait.."

He says in a soft voice. And he rustles his hand in his pocket. She stands there. Confused. He pulls out his hand and open his palm. 

A gold pocket watch.

"What is this?"

"It's a pocketwatch. I got it when we visited the antique store. I saw your reflection and thought you might like it."

She smiles and takes it from Königs palm.

"You can.. Look at the clock while waiting for me to get back. If you want.."

She nods. 

"Thank you König."

"Well.. I need to go now. Goodbye liebe."

"What does that mean?"

He shrugs. Acting dumb. And turns his back and walks towards his car. He turns his head towards her.

She waves him goodbye.

He waves goodbye in return. Then he gets in the vehicle and drives away.