Loud and Proud

After the storm from the other day, the residents of Royal Woods could finally enjoy a sunny day. The sun was shining, the birds were singing their melodic songs, and the few fluffy white clouds were made perfectly for the children to test their imaginations on them. Yes, sir, some would say it was a perfect day.

However, on Franklin Avenue, it wasn't only peace but also a deafening silence. Since the tragedy struck in Loud House, their street has become the quietest in the whole neighborhood.

Yet a family van appeared down the road, the old ingine breaking by the Loud's van, also known as Vanzilla, that stopped to regain the silence of the street when the van parked directly in front of the house, the car's sliding door opened up, and... Well, most people know what would usually happens next. Around 9 girls all kicking, pushing, jumping, and screaming to get out first to continue their activities in the house or wherever they wanted to be.

But this time, it was different.

This time, someone else stepped out. It was a young boy with white hair that was shinning in the powerful sun, his greenish blue eyes looking at the house in front of him like it was the most incredible thing known to man. The wind was blowing, moving his hair, and getting under the large baby blue shirt that he was wearing, together with the large sweatpants of the same color and some brown old men's type sandals that he had gotten from the hospital because his clothes were too damaged to be worn again.

His eyes move slowly, absorbing every detail of his old house. The mud piles made by his sister Lana, the multiple sports equipment forgotten by his older sister Lynn, the toys stuck in the roof that were there even before he was even born, and the big tree in front of the house

Staring at the base of the tree, he could see himself so clearly, especially on this perfect sunny day. He could see himself before 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴, is before 𝘣𝘢𝘥 stuff happened. He could see himself reading one of his comic books under the shadow of the tree, sitting on the cold grass, while all his sisters joined him outside. The big sisters indulge in their favorite activities around him while his younger ones play happily their silly games.

His eyes moved, spotting a couple of pairs of green and blue eyes trying to spy on him behind the curtain, but when they realized he spotted them, their big, pure eyes widen in surprise, and they jump cutely, closing the drapes as fast as they could in a vain attempt to hide themselves. He couldn't fight a little small smile on his freckled face...

*click*

...but that small smile vanished almost immediately when he heard the van door open.

...𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬...

He heard someone getting out of the van and closing the door after them their steps were steady as they walked towards him. He knew who it was, but that didn't help, it was like a switch that was suddenly activated when he heard the door open. He couldn't move, he didn't even dare move his eyes, and the steps that were getting closer to him didn't help at all for his mad, beating heart.

He cursed himself. How could he think like that about his own father. The very last person that would do something wrong to him, the kindest man he ever saw, and the one who walked on eggshells all the way back home in the fear of not startling him or even making him uncomfortable. How could he?! What was wrong with him? What...

He couldn't believe he didn't jump when his big, warm hand touched his shoulder. His father's hand warms his cold shoulder. He didn't know his father was so warm, or maybe he was very cold, but the heat was soothing and very much welcome to the boy with white hair.