Yearning for Lincoln

After blowing almost every trash cans he could the storm was becoming weaker unfortunately for the students in the Royal Woods the storm was at full power even stronger when they were in school and especially when they needed to go home.

In the Loud house, you could feel the gloomy atmosphere in the dead silence of the house, only the sound of the storm was filling the house with some noise.

On the old couch was sitting a slender girl with black hair and very white skin.

The TV didn't even been turned on but her left hand was right next to the TV remote.

The girl with black hair was staring at the TV like at any moment her stare would turn on the TV.

This girl is Lucy, the goth of the family.

She loves anything dark, the color black, vampires, and magic.

Some who know Lucy would think she try another spell from her great grandmother's spellbook to turn on the TV

...but actually, she waited for someone to turn on the TV.

She was waiting silently on the couch so that someone to jump on the couch, celebrate that he was first to the TV without seeing her and then take the remote, chance from the channel she was looking only to get scared like crazy when he finally noticed her so that he would return her remote with a embarrassed smile.

In the end, she would sigh, smile a little and they would look together at the TV.

They would discuss about what they saw and that someone would give her a one-arm hug and go to his room to read comic books in his underwear.

She was waiting for Lincoln.

She was waiting for her big brother who with time even when he clearly saw her sitting silently on the couch he would pretend that he didn't see her and fake to be startled to death so she would be happy.

She was waiting for him to sit next to her and ask her about her day and to convince and even trick their sister who wanted to take the remote from her to let her watch the TV so that she would watch her shows in peace after a long day of school.

She was waiting for her brother...

Lucy sigh silently and got up from the couch waiting to go to the basement and ask again the spirits, even if it was for the... she lost the count of how many times she did that but she never lost hope, because her brother is her hope and she will never give up on her brother.

When she started to walk with her dead silent steps towards the stairs a cold wind hit her pale body.

".... I'm home...."

That was the only words of her soaked sister and roommate before she spring up to stairs with her head down and blank expression.

She heard how she slam their room's door shut.

Lucy knew.

Lynn would search for Lincoln everywhere screaming after him asking who she could if they saw him.

And every day she would return with absolutely nothing.

Like her sisters, like her parents... like her.

Nothing, no clue, no camera, no witnesses, no tracks.

It was like Lincoln vanished.

Lucy sigh again and walked toward the basement flinching a bit every time when louder thunder appeared on the sky.

On the second floor, a girl sitting in her bed with multiple reptiles who were enjoying her warmth was just looking blankly at the ceiling.

Her eyes were empty. Her lucky hat that she almost never washes it was sitting on her nightstand cleaner than ever.

It was after all a present from her brother that she cherished with all her heart.

*click*

The walls of their house were so thin that she could hear how Lynn close the door with the key.

Their mother has a strict rule about the closing door, she only allowed Lori to close her door when she became 16 and that was after some months of desperate pleading and puppy eyes.

However after Lincoln disappeared almost everyone close their door especially after they had to keep their stupid "I'm fine" face on for long.

Lana just looks at the ceiling trying to think about anything.

That day when she broke the toilet and inundated the entire house.

When she was stuck in the mud for so long that it got hard and she needed 3 of her sister to get her out.

The day... When... Wh-When...

....Why?

WHY!

She tried to remember all of those moments but always Lincoln pop out.

When she inundated the house she was stuck in the bathroom Lincoln was the first to reach for her.

When she got stuck in the mud everyone tried but they couldn't Lincoln was the one who came up with the idea of throwing a bucket with warm water so that the mud would become soft and free her... and also make some perfect mud to play in and with it.

Lincoln... Lincoln was the one who helped their parents to let her have her cold-blooded pets.

They just Charles if it wasn't for Lincoln they would never say yes.

She didn't know anything about raising animals so Lincoln got some books and read them all to her.

When she got used with raising them he mostly forgot about all the information in the books may be also he forgot about how HE was the one teaching her and helping her.

Now that she thinks about it, did she ever show her gratitude?

I mean she says thank you and occasionally hugs him when he did something for her and Lola but she doesn't remember the last time when SHE was the one helping him.

With this realization, a few tears do down from her blue eyes.

The little girl closes her eyes trying to take a short nap. Even after she put her "I'm fine" mask on like Lola everybody is still asking about her brother. It's usually just for gossip or they just pretend to care to look like nice perfect assholes.

Lana was exhausted, all her sisters are.

Royal Woods is a small town, so when something like that happened the gossip and rumors, are still in full force, and is not because they care about Lincoln most of them don't even know him.

They continue to gossip and spread rumors because that affects the infamous Loud Sister. The people around them just LOVE to see them react when they bring up their brother.

Their faces, their actions, and the moment when they explode... people can't get enough of it. That's why the Loud Family pretend that they are OK.

So that monsters wouldn't dirty their brother's name.