Don't go

It was before Lincoln woke up when the doctor called the Loud parents to discuss about Lincoln's situation letting the Loud daughters to discuss and catch up.

"...I ...I really don't want to do this but legally I'm forced to inform you about the patient's situation for future help and understanding toward recovery of the patient."

The doctor said in a robotic expressionless voice like he just read it out loud from a notebook. It sounded clearly he really didn't wanted to do this but clearly didn't have any option.

The Loud parents were anxious the words of the doctor increase their beating of their hearts in their chests.

In this moment they would finally find out what happened with their only son, what they did to him, what he suffered... but they really want to know? They could handle it? They were his parents they couldn't protect Lincoln the only thing they could do it was to know at least what they did to him, no? However, is that what is the best? Knowing what those monsters that kidnapped him a whole year did to him to end in that state? Can they handle it? Did they even deserve to know after they failed as his parents? Their eyes stare intensely at the man that was trying to build the guts to say the next words he had to say.

Their hands instinctively reach each other holding their hands and interlacing their fingers, Lynn Senior was trembling already trying to stop himself from crying, Rita his wife was holding better but she was biting her bottom lip with all her might it was a miracle she didn't draw blood yet but she didn't had much.

The doctor take a deep breath trying to ease the feeling of heaviness in his chest as best as he could.

"Is,... Lincoln.... *sigh* Look I can't think of any way to sugarcoat this. That boy got through hell."

Both of their breath hitched silently. The doctor didn't wanted to do this, he really didn't, but he had no choice so he better get over with it as fast as he could and Miss and Mister Loud knew this.

"Internal bleeding, broken bones, to one till to 3-degree burns, and many.... many more. But... is possible that they did much more... that they did something even worse..."

The doctor with a heavy heart was listing everything they discovered after the examinations and he didn't even get to the bad parts, oh no, not even close.

"Wh-what can this be even more... they put him in that state... what...?"

Lynn was speechless but Rita was still having some power to sob those words filled with sadness. Every word was like a hot knife was stabbing her heart.

The doctor could only clench his teeth taking another deep breath through his nose forcing himself as best as he could.

"We... we found drugs... in his body... all of them are usually... are usually rape... drugs... When we found him he had a panic attack seeing one of the 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 nurses that's why we only send male nurses to take care of him in any case. We don't know when he will wake up, and we also think it would be better if your daughters... "

*thud*

The doctor couldn't say more. How could he when a mother fell to her knees in front of him, her hand covering her trembling lips using all her power to not let a sob. Lynn, her husband, froze completely, his unmoved eyes uncontrollably letting his tears fall on the cold floor of the hospital.

Those monsters, they did 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 to their baby boy. They dared to taint him. They dared to hurt him!

Lynn and Rita never let go of their hands, they snap a bit of their stupor and look at the doctor wanting to say more but they got interrupted. The noise that came from the room where their only son was resting. The parents knew exactly where that noise is coming from... their daughters.