The broke up in the past

As much as she wanted to lie to herself, Lori couldn't say honestly that she felt sad when Bobby Santiago broke up with her.

With everything that happened-Lincoln, finals, work, and supporting the family as much as she could-for some time, she even forgot completely about Bobby. They didn't call each other as often as she entered college because it would distract her, but no matter how busy they were, they always called each other every night to say goodnight and speak. However, in the last few weeks, she hasn't received any texts or calls from him. Bobby was completely ghosting her, and she would have noticed if she wasn't so busy.

She still texted him every day.

"𝘏𝘦𝘺 𝘉𝘰𝘰-𝘉𝘰𝘰 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘳!" 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯."

She closed her phone, fighting a yawn and rubbing her tired, red eyes. Her hands were barely holding the books in her hands. She got up from her seat and walked slowly towards the dorm to take a little nap for tonight. You see, Lori actually lied in the text message. She stayed awake all night to finish her work earlier and asked for a free day at work so that she could spend it all with him. She noticed that Bobby didn't text her back. How couldn't she? At first, she was thinking it was just work, but then worry that something happened with him started to build up, so she just decided to make some free time, spend it all with him, and ask him if it was the truth.

Her tired legs could barely walk straight towards her room. She finished all her papers that were due still 3 days without sleeping a wink tonight, despite the pleas of her roomate and some possible death treats. She didn't stop until all of them were done, it took her two days and nights. For work, it was a bit simpler she just asked for the day off, which her boss, being understanding as usual, accepted with a smile, but she had to finish the paperwork for an important project first.

The company had a hard case on their hands, so they had to search for a previous one that assembled the current one so that they could bring it to the judge to turn the tables in their favor.

She had to check what could have been hundreds of documents with previous cases in the search for one that matched, and it took her another 2 days of not sleeping.

In the end, she didn't sleep for four days straight, but she knew she could shake it off. She had to.

The plan for the date was simple: tell Bobby she can't even speak, call someone in secret to bring him to the park where they can have a picnic where they can talk, eat, have fun, and be with each other.

That was the plan. She had almost everything ready; the only thing that remained was to call someone to help her bring Bobby to the park. As her blue eyes saw the door to her room, she took out her phone. She didn't have to think much about who she had to call.

"Hey Lori!" How is college life?"

Her ears heard her youthful voice in total contrast to her completely tired self, and she could not help but feel a bit jealous of the energy the younger girl had.

"*Yawn*...exausting, anyway, I literally need your help, Ronnie-Anne...."

\\\\

"That's so sweet! Don't worry, Lors' Bobby will be there!"

Hearing her excited voice, she couldn't help but giggle. It seems in this short conversation where she explained her plan, Ronnie-Anne's energy rubbed off a bit on the blonde, even if she was tired beyond human imagination.