09

"Then you're left in the dust
Unless I stuck by ya
You're the sunflower
I think your love would be too much."Swae lee sang in my head phones as I moved down the school hallway with my lunch bag in my one hand.

Miles was now the new Spider-Man and he was enjoying himself, he was even doing pretty well. I vowed to my parents that I would help Miles only when the world was ending.

Of course I was not going to listen to that but anything to keep them happy. When I am helping Miles I only use my hand-on-hand combat skills that I learnt from my Dora Milaje training along the royalty studies classes that I had to attend when I was younger.

It was the last week of school, and Miles and I had been spending more and more time together. Our friendship was growing deeper, and we had begun to develop strong feelings for each other.

We were basically inseparable.

However, we were both hesitant to take the next step, and neither of us wanted to be the first to admit our love.

As the last day of school approached, we knew that our lives were about to change forever, and we were both filled with a mixture of excitement and anxiety.

"Good morning, mi amor."Miles sang as he wrapped his arm around my neck making me giggle as I paused my music and took my headphones off before I folded them and made them into a kimoyo bead before I slipped it into the set of kimoyo beads.

"Good morning, Miles."I replied as I stood on my tip toes to kiss him on the cheek but Miles was quick with it and he turned his head making me peck his lips instead.

Miles chuckled before he took my lunch bag, Miles did not like it when I carried my own bag around him so he always made it a point to always carry my bags. He also did not like me walking through the school corridors alone, he would always walk me to my classes and wait for me outside my classes.

"I want to ask you something, Frey."Miles shyly muttered as we walked down the school hallway holding hands on our way to enjoy our break.

I noticed the other boys glaring at Miles and most winked at me, I guess they thought they still had a chance.

"I am all ears."I replied as we walked together until we reached the garden where we always had our lunch.

"Your father is scary, his voice reminds me of Mufasa from that movie. Did you kno--"

"Miles Morales."I giggled stopping him from rambling because I knew he was going to ramble on and on about the history of The Lion King.

"I want to try something."he nervously said making me look up at him before I shrugged in response.

After school that day, Miles took me to an alley and he made sure that he was wearing his suit.

"How was this always on your bucket list?"I asked as watched him look up at the emergency escape stairs and I could tell he was trying to figure out where to attach his web.

"As soon as I found out I had Spider-Man abilities." he smartly responded before he slipped his mask on making me playfully roll my eyes.

Miles finally shot a web out to the nearest set of stairs before he swiftly climbed up the web and turned his body so that he was hanging upside down, he slowly descended and his face was now in front of me.

"What does she say aga--"
"Rain, the rain baby."Miles quickly spoke up making me giggle before I rolled my eyes at his theatrics before I effortlessly changed the sunny weather to a rainy day.

"Would you like some thunder too?"I sarcastically asked whilst laughing as I crossed my arms.

"Nah, that's too dramatic."he replied as he waved me off making me roll my eyes.

"Start, Miles."I muttered making him clear his throat before he stuck his chest out.

"You have an act for getting into trouble."he started in an unrealistically deep voice which made him cough after the end of his sentence.

"And you have an act for saving my life."I replied as I looked at Miles.

"I think I might have a superhero stalker."I continued as I remembered the dialogue from the comic book Miles showed me.

"Ugh Miles, blah blah blah fan. Miles my hair is going to be frizzy and you know this."I complained as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Okay, cut to the last part."

"Alright. Um, Do I get to thank you this time?"I asked me shrug my shoulders, he then pointed towards his mask as a reminder to pull it off.

I gently placed my fingers under neath his chin and slipped the entire mask off.

"Only the chin part, Frey."he muttered in disappointment making me smile his speech began to slow down as he stared into my eyes for a long time as I placed my hands on his cheeks.

"I want to see your whole face."I replied as I took off his mask completely and admired his attractive facial features.

"Freya, I think I l-love you."Miles whispered as we stared at each other intensely.

"Think?"

"I love you, hermosa."he replied making me smile as I caressed his cheeks with my thumbs as I watched rain droplet roll down his face.

I slowly leaned in making us both lean towards each other making Miles do the same, and as our lips touched, I felt a rush of electricity, almost as if the entire world had stood still. I closed my eyes and let myself fully embrace the passion of the kiss, not caring about anyone else or anything else but each Miles at that moment.

"I love you too, Miles."I whispered back after I pulled away with my eyes still closed since I was still in a daze from the kiss.

A/N:
I think that's it. That's all I could come up with so I really hope you guys love this last chapter and I know I said 10 but I am so sorrrrry.

I hope you enjoyed this book overall. I am not sure if I will make a sequel, we will see but for now thank you, thank you.

xx

-nubianbar