Chapter 8: Killer Within

Tyler's POV

I killed Liv... She'd asked me to... I didn't want to. I wanted to save her but when she heard that Kai had linked Jo's babies lives to the rest of the coven she said that there'd be no point... That if I killed her I'd be healed, and she was right, but now... I have to turn with every full moon.

I was in my wolf form, running as fast as I could as far away from Mystic Falls as I could possibly get the night of Jo and Alaric's wedding. Things had gone to hell, the last thing I remember was attacking Kai before fatally biting him. Ric was taking Jo to the hospital and after biting Kai I took off into the woods at full speed.

I was back in wolf form for the first time since that night and the memories came back so fast it was like a slap in the face. I'd triggered my curse again and I didn't understand why but for some reason I wasn't afraid this time. I felt powerful and at peace with it, my confidence could have something to do with the fact that a few days after I phased I'd still been so angry, terrified and utterly confused that I'd gone to New Orleans to probably pick a fight, i don't know why I'd go there or what I'd planned on actually doing. I try and remember but the memories are too blurry.

I'm somewhere on the side of the road now, suddenly headlights and someone's voice made my ears stand up.

"Tyler, Tyler can you hear me?" It was Caroline. Matt must've told her that I'd turned. Great, I came out here so I wouldn't I wouldn't have to worry about hurting any of them and so far I'd been successful.

Since the wedding months ago and after my mysterious trip to New Orleans I've been alone purposely trying to avoid other packs, I wouldn't want to get myself into something I couldn't get out of.

I back up away from the road as Caroline stopped her car after pulling off the road,

"Tyler... Is that you?" She asked knowing I couldn't reply. "Listen Tyler, I just wanted to see if I could help." she said stepping forward, with my ear back I growled to let her know to keep her distance.

Every bone in my body tensed up and my muscles burned as I fought the consuming urge to hurt her.

"I'm sorry about Liv." She said calmly.

"We miss you Tyler. Matt and Alaric mostly, but I miss you a little bit too." She said jokingly.

Damon and Elena are getting married tonight, I'd wanted you to be come," she said in the friendly and caring voice I'd always remember. Caroline and I dated for a while, after her and Matt broke up. A lots happened since then but Caroline hasn't changed, she's the same loving, caring, crazy bubbly blond I've known since we were toddlers.

"I just thought I'd let you know." She had her back pressed up against her car with her hand on the door handle.

"See you around Tyler." Caroline said before getting back in her car and driving off leaving me to phase back into my human form alone.

Sorry this was so short! Normally they'll be much longer but I just needed to give y'all a glimpse of where everyone's at. Hopefully I'm done with that now and we can move forward and get back in to story. <3