switch

Pete POV

The movie is almost reaching the end. We both were watching it and as I chose the movie, of course I was immersed in it. It was good one. I almost forgot the situation I'm in until I tried to stretch from half lying for so long, ugh my left shoulder is numb af.

Vegas was sleeping resting his head on my shoulder.

I didn't even realize when he fell asleep. Does he want to imply that I chose a boring movie? How can he sleep while we're watching movie- I found it annoying, I can't stop getting mad at him for not watching the movie completely, When I should have hated his entire existence with my everything. But I can't.

I tried to move downwards to lie down properly. I was being careful thinking he'd be mad at me if I woke him up. I heard he doesn't get proper sleep, what's his problem? He moved when I pulled a pillow under us, I froze in the place. The torturous whippings flashed before my eyes as natural instincts. On the other hand, Vegas just snuggled in, not waking up. I exhaled the breath I didn't know I was holding in. My hands were trembling. I fear him this much.

I looked at his face, he looked totally different than the person he actually is. I couldn't understand if I should loathe him for his personality or blame Khun kan for who shaped him like this. I tried to shake the thoughts off of my brain, he's behaving nice these days. Or he's behaving weird? I know Vegas from long ago, after I joined The Main Family as a bodyguard. He never did anything without any reason. Such a selfish human he is.

The movie ended.

I couldn't even concentrate on the ending. I looked around, there's a small knife on the bed side table- to cut fruits I guess. Does it not KīLL humans? I looked back at Vegas. He is still sleeping. Why's he so calm with keeping me, a person he's holding hostage.. with him, in his bed?!  The things he did to me- I can't normalize them, should I KīLL him? Or I cooperated with what he did to me, part of me wanted it too...... probably I should KīLL myself. I don't know what decision to make.

_____________________________
next day
Vegas POV

"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M DOING-" At this point I couldn't keep quiet. He tried to hurt Macau, I just sent him to his friend's house.

"DON'T FŪCKING RAISE YOUR VOICE! WHY THE FŪCK DID YOU KĪLL HIM?" Pa yelled at me as his face showed all the distaste towards me. I can't tell him about Pete, He doesn't know I kept him here- but he doesn't even want to listen to me.

"I'll get the company instead, you don't have to worry-" He pushed me hārd grabbing my shirt,  enough for me to hit the bookshelf behind.

"You stupid thing...." He grabbed me by my face, "Did you forget you're now supposed to laying low? You think your cousins will sit down and watch you take over the GoldenEstates?" I clenched my teeth to keep calm. "Use this every now and then." he poked at my head.

"Pa I did-" He turned around to walk away.

"You're moving to the coastal safe house tomorrow."

"......." I watched him leave.

Fūck.

He didn't even listen to my explanation, I did planned everything out. I hate it, I hate everything. I hate myself for being like this not listening to her.. I don't want to be.... I FŪCKING HATE MYSELF FOR BEING ME!

________________________________

AT NIGHT
Pete POV

I was still contemplating everything going on between me and him. I looked up hearing the door open. It's Vegas. He slowly walked closer to the bed and sat down beside me.

"Here." He reached out the noodle bowl towards me. I was observing him carefully to understand what's going on with him.

"Vegas-"

"Eat it." Vegas cut me off before I could question him. He looks miserable, more than I'd ever expect him to be. He kept silent, guess he's thinking something. I grabbed his chin and turned his face to me. My eyes widened when I saw a long scratch from near his left ear to his jaw line. It's slightly swollen and red.

"What's going on? Khun kan was here again?" Vegas didn't resist nor respond. I'm Damn sure his Bāstard father was here, that guy thinks it's his job to pester his own sons on daily basis. Jērk. He stared at me for a moment, with a frawn. What are you thinking you āss?

"It's nothing." He looked away. Of course it's not.

"Pain relieves if you share it." Vegas was getting more anxious. I can see it. "How long are you thinking of tolerating these? You don't have to live for anyone else, you should think about yourself first. You should've done that long ago-"

"SHŪT UP" He threw the bowl in his hand and lashed out. "I see you don't really like to get good behavior, DID YOU FÚCKING FORGET YOUR PLACE? So I guess I need to remind you, huh?" He took out his knife and put it on my throat. I was dumbfounded for a second, I didn't think he'd lash out like that. Yeah, I really forgot the monster he is in this life. But..

"Vegas-" I struggled a bit, he pushed me harder pinning me under him on the bed. I don't know why I feel terrible, like it's mentally painful. What did I expect?

"Shūt up.....Do you think you can say anything you want just because we had sēx?" My eyes widened at the moment he mentioned that and it felt like he stabbed me right in my chest. My grip on his hand loosened involuntarily. "You wanted to make me KīLL you didn't you?" His eyes are wild. I can see it, the KīLLing intent in his eyes, but it's flickering.

I'm not scared of him right now. I frawned as I felt the growing pain inside my chest.

"......KīLL me Vegas." I tried hārd to keep my voice normal, it still broke at the end. He stopped. "I'm telling you to KīLL me." I was looking at his eyes the whole time, he seemed to loosen the hold on me. "I don't like it, the confusion, the hatred..... I can't take it anymore!" His eyes widened.

"Pete...." He muttered under his breath as I felt tears stream down my cheeks. Fūck, why I feel like shīt. what did I expect, WHY DO I FEEL LIKE THIS?

"KīLL ME I SAID!" I grabbed the knife. The hilt was small, so I grabbed the blade as it cut through my palm as I squeezed. "If YOU DON'T DO IT I'LL DO IT-"

"PETE!" He yelled seeing me trying to get the knife into my throat.

"AARGHH" I was crying like a miserable piece of pathetic shīt, I hated it. I felt like stabbing pain, it hurt when he addressed that night like that, and I hate everything about it. I shouldn't have cooperate. Not that I had options, but I shouldn't have.

"STOP IT, STOP IT PETE!" He released the knife and held both of his hands up.