Chapter 21

Y/N

I woke up the next morning sprawled out on my bed. My hair was a mess and my phone was laying next to me on the charger. I rub my eyes try to wake up.

Last night kept replaying in my head. The way Jeremiah kissed me in the pool made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

I laid in bed scrolling on my phone when I look at the pictures Sarah posted from the other night. We did look good. I liked and commented.

I got up out of bed and went to the bathroom too shower and brush my teeth.

Once I was finished in there I went downstairs to get breakfast. Belly was sitting there eating cereal.

"Hey" I say grabbing myself a bowl.

"Hi" she said in an annoyed tone.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask pouring some cereal into the bowl.

"Why did you say yes to Jeremiah? You had Conrad! If you would've just gone to the dance with Conrad than Jeremiah would've asked me!" She said.

"I didn't know okay? Plus Conrad asked me after Jeremiah and I already agreed to go with Jere. How do you know he would've asked you?" I ask pouring the milk.

"Because we had a thing this summer too! If you weren't in the picture he totally would've asked me to the dance" she says more annoyed.

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" I asked grabbing a spoon from the drawer.

"Not anymore" Belly says "I broke up with Cameron because Jeremiah kissed me after the volleyball tournament. When you went out on the boat we kissed by the beach"

"No-he kissed me before I left. That's when he asked me to the dance" I said confused.

"He told me he asked you to the dance a few days before. He never mentioned kissing you" she continues "that's why I thought he liked me"

"Oh Belly I'm so sorry I didn't know. I had no idea you guys were like kinda getting together" I say "I would've never said yes to him"

"You would've never said yes to who?" Steven asks strolling into the kitchen.

"No one"

"Jeremiah"

"Too What? The dance? You guys act like that's important. We all know that someone spikes the punch and everyone ends up drunk and grinding on each other" Steven laughs.

"Gross" I say.

"You're the one stressed about going!" Steven says.

I roll my eyes. "I don't even want to go now"

"No! You have to go!" Belly urges me "please you have to!"

"Fine" I nod "I will"

I eat my bowl of cereal then make my way back upstairs where Jeremiah is walking out of his room.

"Hey" I say trying to duck into my room.

"Hey, where you going so fast?" He says leaning his arm up against my doorway. "I'd like to talk about last night whenever you get a chance"

"Uh-sure yeah. I just really need to clean my room" I shrug.

"Oh that's no fun. Why don't we go swimming?" Jeremiah offers.

"I'm okay. Thanks" I say trying to get passed him. He tilts his head to the side.

"Alright well I'll see you later then" he says.

I nod and he leans down placing his lips on mine. He walks away and I stand there for a moment touching my lips. He kissed Belly after asking me to the dance. I cringe.

I go into my room and sit down on my bed. My head was spinning from the information I was just given.

Was I dating Jeremiah? Did he even really like me or was this some kind of make Belly jealous scam? I throw myself back and put my hands over my face.

"You good?" I hear my moms voice as she steps into my room.

"Would you believe me if I told you I was?" I laugh.

"Nope" my mom comes and sits on my bed and I sit up. "What's up?"

"Boys" I say "why are they so confusing?"

"I'm not sure. Is there any boy in particular that you're struggling with?" My mom slides in "in this house?"

"Mom!" I say. "And two actually"

"Oh wow. That's complicated" my mom sighs "but I think you should focus on something else"

"Mom I can't focus on something else! My whole life has been taken over by them" I say "I can't even sleep!"

"So why don't you fix what's been bothering you the most?" My mom suggests.

"I just don't know how to fix it" I say "I think I said too much"

"Well I'm sure you'll do just fine figuring it out! Plus your birthday is soon so maybe start thinking about what kind of cake you want, I have to put in an order by tomorrow" my mom says patting my shoulder.

I had completely forgot about my own birthday.

"Yeah, thanks mom" I say and she smiles at me. She kisses my forehead and walks out of the room.

I ponder the boys for a little longer and eventually give up. I start thinking strawberry cake sounds pretty good.

CONRAD

I'm downstairs making a smoothie in the kitchen when Jeremiah walks in and grabs a water.

"Dude did you see Belly's ass in those shorts at the tournament the other day?" He asks keeping his voice low.

"Excuse me?" I stop the blender.

"Come on dude, I know you saw it! It looked so good" Jeremiah smirks at me.

"No- I didn't see it. I don't think of her like that" I say "and neither should you. I don't think your girlfriend would appreciate you thinking about her little sister like that"

"Oh come on dude she wouldn't find out, plus every guy has those thoughts she would understand" Jeremiah smirks more "you're just jealous that she didn't pick you"

"Not really" I say pouring the smoothie into a cup.

"Oh you so are. Well I'm sure you won't mind watching us at the dance in a few weeks" Jeremiah grabs his towel.

I roll my eyes.

He laughs and walks out the door into the backyard. Little bitch.