Chapter 10

"Can you guys actually help pack?", I groaned at the puppets

After the little apartment incident, I had considered a lot of things.

I found an apartment where there were NO cameras at all and high ceilings.

I also decided I'll open the envelopes at my new apartment to make life easier.

"But Y/NNNNN", Wally groaned, as he "tried" to pick up a small jar.

Like a very small jar

It could fit in his hand

"It's too heavy!", he groaned as I stared at him for a good 10 seconds

"Wally you better pick that shit up and help", I pointed to the other puppets who were managing to pick up other objects that were bigger and heavier.

"Fine", he scoffed, taking the jar to a box as I continued to pack up the bigger objects.

I had my back turned when I heard Julie and Sally arguing over something.

"I WANT IT!"

"BUT I WANT IT TOO!"

I turned around to see the two of them tugging on a flower shaped pillow, which I completely forgot I had.

"I mean, why don't you guys take turns with it?", I shrugged, the two of them stopping to think.

"Oh! That works!", Julie smiled as they both let go and ran off giggling, letting the pillow hit the floor.

'Seriously?', I thought as I picked it up and chucked it in a box.

Leaving the puppets downstairs, I went to go grab more stuff from my room when something above me caught my eye.

"I don't remember having an attic", I was genuinely so damn confused because there was NEVER an attic in my house.

Curiosity got the best of me and I pushed open the hatch, the ladder falling to the ground allowing me to go up.

"Now I know how this usually ends in horror movies, but fuck it", I swore under my breath climbing up the ladder.

Finally getting in the attic, I looked around confused as to why the hell it was empty.

"So a random attic will appear in my house, but DOESN'T have ANYTHING in it?!", I yelled in disappointment.

I was about to walk out when a loud ding scared me so bad that I turned around so quick I almost gave myself whiplash.

"What in the fuck was THAT?!", I looked around before my eyes set on a super old red telephone that suddenly appeared in the middle of the room.

"I'm about to shit myself because how in the hell did that get there?!", I shrieked, taking slow steps towards it.

The phone made another ding, and I jumped a bit, now standing in front of it.

"I probably shouldn't be doing this", I mumbled to myself as I leaned in for a closer look.

It was an old cord telephone, which was red, and the dials you would use for numbers had faces on them instead.

"Wait...are they...", I gasped as I realized that the faces were the puppets, even the ones from my dreams.

I heard my name being called though, so I grabbed the phone and went back downstairs, phone in hand.

"Y/N, what we're you doing up thereeeee.....", Wally trailed off as he saw me coming down the stairs with the telephone.

"IS THAT MY PHONE???", He shrieked, causing the others to turn, their eyes wide.

~~~~~~||~~~~~~

"Soooo, what now?", I said, breaking the silence we were sitting in.

"I don't know, what are we even waiting for", Barnaby shrugged, eyes still locked on the phone.

As soon as he said that, I shit you not, the phone rang.

"AHH!", we all simultaneously yelled and jumped as Wally quickly picked up the phone.

"Hello?!", he frantically said, waiting for a response.

"WALLY?"

"POPPY?!", He shouted in excitement, his eyes wide.

Suddenly Julie, Sally, and Barnaby, all 3 of them, started to yell into the phone too, while I sat there confused as fuck.

"Oh my days! Where have you all been?!", Poppy said worriedly.

All 4 started talking simultaneously, making it hard to hear anything, and Poppy tried raising her voice which we all heard but suddenly the call just...stopped.

"Poppy? Hello? Poppy are you still there?", Wally said into the phone, only to get no response.

He groaned in frustration as he slammed the phone back down, tossing himself on the couch.

"Uhhh, who was that?", I asked, I had no clue who this Poppy was anyways.

"Poppy's one of our friends back home!", Sally said with a sad smile, then she started sniffling.

Then crying

Then Julie hugged Sally and started crying

Then Barnaby started crying these crocodile cartoon tears which I didn't even know was possible

It was a whole domino effect

I just sighed and let them have their moment while I finished packing up.

"Okay, so I have everything, am I forgetting something?", I mumbled as something popped into my mind.

I ran upstairs and grabbed the envelopes, stuffing them into my bag.

"Alright, that should be it, now the hard part.."

"I gotta move the puppets without being suspicious"

"Dammit that's gonna be hard to do"