18. {Goodbyes}

The alarmed shout had us all spinning towards the backdoor, and suddenly Emilie and Grace were rushing outside. I followed and as I did, Emilie gasped and choked, stumbling as she lost her balance.

What the hell?

Drea caught her and Amelia rushed over, very concerned. I had no time to be concerned for Emilie any longer than a few seconds. The chaotic scene before me pulled my attention. Both Steph and Sierra were soaking wet. Sierra had a bloody spot on her forehead that bled thickly down the side of her face in a long streak. She was crouched by the side of the pool, coughing and gasping for air. Steph pulled a coughing, screaming Leia out of the pool and turned to Sierra. "Baby, take her! Take her please,"

But Sierra's head was somewhere else. "Steph, Jaison!"

"I know," She said looking back at the pool. The pool cover was sunk into the pool and taking on water. "Molly!"

Molly popped up a second later and she was soaked. "I can't find him," She revealed distressingly, and then she went back under. Sierra lost it then.

Grace rushed over to Steph's side, and as she did, she grabbed the baby. "Give me her." She told the redhead, peering the baby away.

Steph quickly did and dived back into the pool with Molly. The time seemed to be passing so slowly and with every second that went by Sierra was a little more broken. Isabelle was trying to console her but it didn't seem to be working at all.

Suddenly, the two women in the pool came up carrying a limp twin. They carefully rest him on the ground and immediately, Steph began compressions on the child's chest.

I look back at Grace and see her holding Leia, reaching into her mouth for god knows what. I don't know what she was doing but after a moment the baby threw up and it was mostly water. Grace rubbed her back then, holding the baby to her. "You're okay, Princess." She turned to Sierra. "Babe, take her."

"I got her." Isabelle volunteered when Sierra still hadn't blinked, passing Niko to Amelia. She reached for Leia when her hands were free, pulling her into a comforting embrace and hugging the child to her chest. Sierra still hasn't pulled her eyes away from the child on the ground and I am still confused as to what the hell I'm looking at.

After every couple of compressions, Steph gave the boy mouth-to-mouth. "I need a couple of blankets." She said, getting the boy out of his wet clothes. "He's hyperthermic—"

"On it!" Grace assured, rushing back into the house.

Isabelle watched from a few feet away, holding Leia as she cried and coughed up a fit, trying to console her while trying to also console Sierra who was barely hanging on in her dishevelled state. The blonde had tears streaming down her face too as she watched Steph perform CPR on their son. "Is he okay?" she asked weakly. "Steph, can you just rewind? Please...please."

"I'm trying, baby. It-it's not working."

"Something is wrong," Emilie stated what I assumed was the obvious. "Something is disastrously fucked up."

Grace appeared with some blankets then she was by Steph's side, helping her dry him off and wrapping him in another one. Steph was telling her everything that happened so fast that I barely heard it. Everything happened within a matter of seconds but it all happened so fast my brain was kind of having trouble figuring out what the hell I was looking at.

"They weren't even near the pool, I swear." Steph started apologetically.

"—we were all right here_" Molly backed.

"—and the gates were locked. The pool covered." Steph continued. "They both disappeared—"

"—we saw Leia struggling in the pool," Isabelle added. "Sierra was just trying to get her and she slipped and fell in too, but we didn't realise Jaison did—"