8. {Adreanna}

Trigger Warning!
(Some dialogue further down can be triggering and upsetting. If it gets too heavy, you can skip ahead <3)

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

"I'm home!" I heard a minute after the front door opened. My eyes drifted from the drawing pad in my hand to meet her just as she waltzed into the living room. She was wearing jeans and a nice long-sleeved top. Her hair was done in a ponytail, baring her face. Her make-up was flawless, as usual. She was pretty, and she was smiling. Something that has been rare lately.

At the sight of her,  my heart skipped a beat, though and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't. I shouldn't be this excited when she comes home in the evenings but I am. It's now the only thing I look forward to most days--well, maybe not the only, but yeah. The days are long and boring and cold and painful without her. She makes them better and so, yes, I look forward to seeing her. 

And she is pleasant to look at. 

"You're in a good mood today," I say, managing a small smile of my own. 

Her smile widened, and I couldn't help but feel even more relaxed at the sight. Like everything was going to be okay. She came over to me slowly, taking a seat on the couch beside me and I admired the way she moved. Her movements are always just so graceful and dainty, yet, not really. She's not trying, I can tell. Like, it just comes so naturally for her and a part of me wished I could be like that. But I'm not, and, now I'm in a cast too. To add to the list of insecurities I have right now. 

Her gaze fell to the screen in my lap and she pointed a finger at it, making me glance down too. "How is it going with the practice?"

I frowned at her question. "Still unable to draw a stick person. So..."

She gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze. "I'm sorry, Princess. Just keep going, okay? You'll get better."

"Thanks. How was work?"

"Meh," She shrugged. "Could've been better. How was your day? What did you do?"

"Went to PT. Now, I'm just here."

She frowned, studying my face then, after a second, she peered the monitor and pen away from me and laid them on the coffee table. I looked at her, bewildered but she just smiled and came back to take my hands in hers. "You know what?" She carefully pulled me up from the couch. "You have been cooped up in this house way too long. Let me take you out tonight."

"Where?"

"You'll see." She led me down the hall towards my room and opened the door for me to get in. "Come on, go get dressed."

"But how should I dress?"

"Comfortable." She responded so that's what I did. I wore a simple long-sleeved sweater and a pair of jeans. I took the opportunity to turn my face into a masterpiece, too. Adreanna gave me ample time to doll myself up, and as I did, my excitement about going out grew.

With one last look at myself in the mirror, I left the room, heading for the living room where she was waiting. The minute I walked in, her eyes snapped to me, forgetting the TV existed. She rose from the couch like a majestic goddess, taking deliberate steps towards me while her gaze never faltered.

"Wow!" She breathed when she was standing before me. Her eyes scanned my face on repeat as if trying to imprint the image in her mind.

My skin heated under her gaze. "Is it too much? I went overboard, didn't I?"

"No. N-no. I just..." Her words were soft as she dragged an idle finger along my cheek. I shivered, sighing in contempt and embraced her touch. "You did not go overboard. You're.... beautiful."