37. Game of Truth

"You're so dead!" Kyle rose abruptly from his seat, throwing himself at Veronica, who stood up and moved back against the wall, but the moment he tried to hit her, he tripped over his own feet and fell right in front of her. He quickly got up, trying to catch her, but Veronica dodged efficiently, and he staggered again and fell into the wall.

"Well, I indeed am dead," she replied calmly, three-holding up a coin with a happy face. "Want to try again?"

He once again pounced on her, but this time, too, his attempt to injure Veronica was unsuccessful. He cursed, more irritated than ever.

"What the fuck?!"

"I can do this the whole day." She smiled at Kyle, more than happy to see his failure. Even though he craved for it, he could do absolutely nothing, for the first time in his life.

"This fucking coin doesn't give you luck forever." He pointed his finger at her. "And I will be waiting."

The satisfied look came off her face when she realized that she would have to face Kyle's fury in the next level.

"You seriously killed them over a romance? That's so fucked up," Mark said, feeling weird with using such an offensive kind of vocabulary.

"Shut up, nerd," she hissed, sitting back at her seat.

"You just earned yourself five enemies," reminded her Millie.

"Six," Mark added.

"This game won't be easy for you anymore." She smiled, looking at her former best friend.

"At least, you got what you deserved, dying with us," Blake also spoke his mind.

Veronica looked at all the players that turned away from her. She truly had nobody to count on. She wasn't even sure what Mint and Angelica thought of her after hearing this all out. And Kyle was right about one thing, this coin could guarantee her luck on this level, but each next will be a new throw, and a new chance for a good or bad luck.

Seeing how good luck was working, she really didn't like to find out how bad luck looks like – especially with angry Kyle on the loose.

She smiled, maybe I am the most hated person now, but I will just wait until it's Trevor's turn.

Veronica knew about his secret that would be shocking enough to break up the enemy camp.

When Veronica looked at him, it became obvious that he already knew what this game will make him confess.

"Can we go on and play, or does anybody else want to toss in their two cents' worth?"

"The faster we play, the faster we move on to the next level, so don't hesitate and spin the wheel," Kyle encouraged her, impatient for making Veronica pay for everything she has done to them.

While Veronica leaned to spin the wheel, Millie whispered to Percy, "do you really think Kyle will eliminate Veronica?" She wasn't sure if she wanted that or no, but at the same time, Millie believed there was no need for Kyle's inference, because karma's bitch enough. Without their help and teamwork, Veronica won't have a chance.

"He surely looks capable of that," Percy replied, thinking that while the first level was about teamwork and learning something more about The Game, this level was about splitting them up. Making them aware about each other's darkest secrets, the most malevolent nature and murderous intentions.

With them turning against each other, their chances were dropping. No wonder that usually there was only one winner. Human nature has it that it's hard to forgive mistakes, let alone forget them and be able to rise above it for the common good.