7. Game of Fate

Just as Percy and Blake arrived back at the party, Millie and Trevor met them by the road. Both of them looked way too happy, the kind of way you look when you drink a little too much. Millie opened up her mouth with wide and bewildered eyes, seeing her best friend getting off the motorcycle she just rode with Blake.

Not being that obvious at all, thought Percy, looking at the sky.

"Hi, Perce! Hi, Blake!" she exclaimed cheerfully. "How was the ride?"

"Fast," replied Percy shortly, not even looking at Blake. This time she managed to get the helmet off without his help. "Is there a reason you wanted to meet us here?"

Not that weird at all.

"Yeah, we have a problem," Millie tried to sound serious, but ended up laughing. She caught Trevor by the arm and hung on, supported by him.

"Two problems," added Trevor, showing his girlfriend with a finger.

"Three drunk problems," countered Millie, poking him jokingly.

Percy cleared her throat, a little embarrassed, and handed the helmet and motorcycle gloves back to Blake, who was watching all of them with amusement.

"I counted two. Where's Veronica?" asked Percy.

"Drunk on the bed in one of the rooms upstairs. She's like, completely wasted, has no contact with reality. Passed out." Millie raised up her phone, almost stumbling on her own foot. "Before you ask, no, I didn't leave her all alone for the whole time. We left her only a few minutes ago, when I saw your location, close to Marco's house."

Since Percy and Millie were practically a family, they shared their current location. Just in case one of them ever needed help. That was for safety.

"Why she's so drunk?"

Millie shrugged. She had no idea what happened to Veronica. They haven't seen her since the beginning of the party.

"We were playing all this time," continued Trevor. He was in a better condition than Millie. "Not so long ago we found Veronica passed out on the couch in the living room. I carried her to the room upstairs. Maybe something has happened and that's why she drank so much." He shrugged as if it wasn't his concern.

Percy frowned. Veronica didn't talk much about her past, besides today she was looking fine. It couldn't be because of the talk they had, right? She would feel awful if she was the reason Veronica was feeling down.

"I'm drunk, I want to come home!" Millie walked up to Percy and hugged her closely. She returned the hug and gazed at Trevor.

"You're also drunk?" It was obvious, but she just had to be sure.

"Only a little."

"You know he never drinks," complained Millie. "But today I talked him into taking some shots."

Neither of them knew why Trevor stopped drinking so suddenly. He used to be the life and soul of the party. Always drinking, partying, and dancing with Millie. Just a few months ago everything stopped out of nothing. He said he will never drink again, and indeed, he didn't drink at any party they were at.

Until now. And he did it only because and for Millie. And only a little.

Then again, that little was enough to not be able to come back home by car.

"Great, but who's gonna drive now?" asked Percy, feeling as if she was the only sane person here.

Millie touched her in the cheek with her finger. "You, of course."