𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Picture above is their dinning room!

Nivea's Pov

When we got in the car, Dominic spoke up. "How was you guys' day?" Nolan looked at me and spoke, "It was good." He said. "Nivi? What about you? How was your first day?" He asked. "It was okay." I said. He nodded but his eyes told me he wasn't convinced. He pulled of and we drove home.

When we got home, dad was waiting at the door for us. "Hey kiddos. How was your day?" He asked. "It was good." We both said in unison and walked inside. I went straight up to my room and closed the door.

I went to my bathroom and locked the door. I got in the hot shower and I probably stayed there for about 45 minutes just thinking. I came out of the bathroom and changed into so comfy pajamas.

Her pajamas

Her pajamas

I checked my phone and saw a text from unknown number.

Unknown number: Hey Nivea it's Alessio.
N: Hey Alessio
A: what's up?
N: Nothing much just getting ready for bed.
A: Why so early it's 5pm?
N: No! I'm not going to sleep now just preparing.
A: Oh! My bad
N: it's okay.
A: I going to have dinner now so I'll text you later!
N: okay bye!
A: Bye!

End of conversation

I felt, happy that I could talk to someone on the phone with being awkward now. I heard a knock on my door and I opened it to see Oliver, "Hey Sorella. Dinners ready." I nodded and followed him downstairs.

As we arrived at the dinning, everyone was having their own conversations until they looked at me. I sat between Dom and Nolan. My dad looked at all of us and said, "So how was everyone's day?" He asked.

Everyone took turns speaking but I tuned them out. I feel bad for throwing up today. What Lena said was probably true, I don't deserve to be their sister. Alessio and Elora are really nice I like them. I wonder if- "Vea, you okay?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by Dom. I looked at him and nodded.

"How was your first day sweetheart?" My dad asked. "It was okay dad." I whispered and everyone except my dad looked at me in shock. Our food suddenly came and everyone started eating except for me.

"Sweetheart what's wrong? Aren't you gonna eat?" My dad asked. "I'm not really hungry." I said. I'm not. I can't eat. I feel bad but I physically can't and I'm just not hungry.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded. "Alright, you can put it up for later." He said. I looked aside and saw Dom giving me a worried look but I shrugged and went to put my food up. I went to my room and decided to take a nap.

•••

'Slap!'

"Why'd you take so long with my beer you slut!"

'Slap!'

"Mom s-stop I'm sorry!" I cried.

'Slap!'

"Shut up you bitch! Since you can't follow simple instructions, I guess I'll have to punish you!" She screamed in my face. She started kicking and punching me over and over.

"Mom! Stop!" I screamed with tears flowing out of my eyes. She kept going until she picked up a knife and stabbed me.

I woke up sweating. I couldn't breathe properly. I tired to control my breathing but it felt like something was stuck in my throat. Another nightmare, I keep getting these and I always end up in a pool of sweet and tears. I need to get out of this room it's suffocating me.

I slowly got up and headed downstairs. I found the back door and pushed it open. I sat down on one of the chairs and stared at the beautiful garden before me. The cool wind blowing on me felt nice but I was still sweating.

I heard quiet footsteps and a soft voice behind me. "Hey Nivi? You okay?" Dom asked. "Yeah I'm fine." I breathed. "You sure? Your sweating. Why are you up so late anyway?" He asked again. "I- nightmare." I whispered. "How often do you get them?" He asked.

"A lot." I said. I don't know why I'm telling him this but I need someone to talk to. "You wanna go for a drive?" He asked softly. I nodded and went to get my shoes.

We both quietly walked our of the front door and he led me to a really pretty car. We got in and he slowly started driving. He wasn't speeding but he wasn't going slow either. I just sat back and suddenly, I calmed down. The car came to a stop and I looked up to see a huge basketball court.

I got out of the car and stood there in shock. "Guess what?" He asked. "What?" I said tilting my head in curiosity. "This is all mine." He said. "Really?" He hummed in response. "Can I play for a bit?" He nodded and I did just that. It felt good.

I finally came back. "Wanna go home?" He asked. I nodded. "Your pretty good. Why don't you join the basketball team team at school?" He asked. "I was thinking about it and dad said that they have a team at school so I'm thinking of trying out tomorrow." I said. "That's great. Let's go." I nodded and we drove back home.

When we got home, Dom led me to my room and said, "if you ever have another nightmare, come to my room okay?" I nodded, "Thanks Dom." I said. "Anytime Niv." He said as he walked out closing the door shut behind him. Slowly but surely, I drifted off to sleep.

 Slowly but surely, I drifted off to sleep

Dom's car

Heyy fellow readers!

Thank you so so so so much for 2k+ reads on this book! It means so much !

I hope you enjoyed this chapter although my description of it on TikTok wasn't as clear.

I'm loving Dom and Niv's relationship so far! Totally living for it.!
I'm thinking about letting her have her moments with all her brothers and more interactions with her dad.

Dw for those who love Elijah like me, I'll have way more interactions with him and Nivea. Including Elora.

Happy Reading and please vote and comment! It'll be greatly appreciated. I like seeing and reading comments.

Happy Reading!!