Tuesday, December 25th, 2013 ⋒ϟ

Christmas morning: Supposedly one of the happiest moments of the year, but today, it's different.

I walk down the stairs and approach a beautiful breakfast of cinnamon rolls, stuffing, hot chocolate, and waffles. I smile as I take a seat in my chair.

"Good morning, Dashie!" My mom gives me a kiss on the cheek and a tight squeeze on the shoulders. "Ready for Christmas?"

I smile through the pain. "Yeah, of course."

My dad soon joins us and we're eating like monkeys. Eventually, some sort of conversation starts.

"So, Rainbow, I just want to let you know that if you do want to become a Wonderbolt, then you're going to have to get good grades. I know you're doing fine as of now, but you have to work harder, honey." I roll my eyes at this. After the day I had yesterday, I have to sit through another college lecture?

"I know, dad. Plus, I have a backup plan." I smile. "But yeah, thanks for the heads up, I guess."

~⋒ϟ~

Soon enough, we're all sitting around the Christmas tree, opening presents.

One of them looks excitingly large, so I head for that one first. As I'm holding it in my hands, it feels slightly heavy, but nothing I can't handle. I tug at a loose end of the bright blue wrapping paper, and I quickly make my way through the wrapping.

When the present is revealed, my jaw falls to the floor in shock. The present in question is an official Wonderbolt helmet, in the signature bright blue color.

I turn to look at my parents in awe, and run up to hug them each individually.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaim, putting the helmet on. It fits perfectly.

Maybe things will get better.