Friday, November 30th, 2013 ⋒ϟ

"Rainbow? Rainbow Dash? Sweetie, wake up!"

My eyes burst open as I hear the sound of my mom waking me up. At first, my eyes are fluttering open, then closed, trying to focus on what's in front of me. I give my eyes a little rub and everything starts to become clear. I glance up at my mom and smile, "Thanks, mom. Oh shi- shoot, what time is it?"

"7:42, Dashie. C'mon, chop-chop!" My mom moves out of the way and leaves the room to go downstairs, leaving me alone to get ready. I quickly jump out of bed and work through my morning routine—brushing my hair, brushing my teeth, getting dressed, and so on.

I feel a bit disappointed in myself, because I've actually been quite punctual lately. But I guess when you have about a week-long Thanksgiving break, you forget about how things are supposed to work and fall back into old habits. Without having to wake up at 6:30am for a while, my mind has been somewhere else. A certain someone forgot to set their alarm, and a certain someone slept in. Oops.

After getting ready, I grab my school bag and "dash" down the stairs, and catch a slice of toast sitting in the toaster. I snatch it out of the machine and put it in my mouth. I ran outside, trying not to slam the front door but effortlessly failing.

I hop into my mom's car, which I've named the "Sapphire Sphinx", named after two books in my favorite book series, Daring Do. Unfortunately I can't afford a car of my own, but who said driving your parents car wasn't hot?

I reach for the engine, and we are off. I pull out of my driveway and start heading towards Canterlot High School. There are some hiccups along the way, like traffic, traffic, and uh, traffic, but some angry middle fingers here and there are nothing to be afraid of.

Upon my arrival, I check the time: 7:58am.

F***. First bell is at 8:00.

I try to walk as fast as I possibly can on my way to the entrance of the school, trying to play it cool and not act like a weirdo in front of all my peers. Luckily I make it to my locker at a reasonable time, and there is Applejack, my best friend, walking to her class.

"AJ!" I call out, and the blonde girl turns around to face me. She walks up, and leans on her locker.

"Heya, Rainbow." She responds, holding her books in her arms, language arts being the top one. Unfortunately we don't have most of our classes with each other, but there's still gym together so it pretty much makes up for the rest of our separation anxiety, "Ya do realize the bell is about to ring, right?" AJ reminds me.

"Ok but.. you're still here." I smirk, "Don't you need to get to class as well?"

Jacki's face goes blank. "Well, uh, I guess so, but.. I'm gonna be late if you don't move your big head!"

I chuckle, "Hey, I thought Twilight was the one with the big head! I am not an egghead," We laugh quietly so as to not catch too much attention from others.

"Sure, whatever you want, RD. See ya at lunch," Applejack said farewell, and waved goodbye. She heads to the west side of the school while I have to stride up the tall stairs and to math on the east side. I groan, but hurry despite my sleepiness. 

Mr. Doodle steps up from his desk and greets everyone. He then starts to work on the chalkboard, writing equations. As I'm minorly paying attention, I hear some obvious snickering behind me. I turn around to see Spitfire doodling on a sticky note, showing Soarin, then both chuckling obnoxiously. I squint my eyes to try and see the drawing, but luck is not on my side. 

They continue silently laughing to themselves as everyone in class is noticing but not saying a thing. Still making a slight noise, Spitfire grabs the sticky note from the table, leaving a bit of residue on the shiny desk. She then scribbles one more thing onto the sticky note, but before she can finish, Mr. Doodle picks up the sticky note. He looks down at Spitfire, hands on his hips. Mr. Doodle also turns to Soarin, making the student gulp.

Excuse me, but I would like to hang this masterpiece on the blackboard." Mr. Doodle announced, and just like that I could see a slight blush pasted on Spitfire's face. She must be so embarrassed.

Mr. Doodle walked up to the blackboard once again, putting the sticky note on the chalkboard. Squinting my eyes, I can see the sticky note clearly—there, drawn onto it, was an apple pie with legs, arms, eyes, and mouth.

Classic Soarin. He loves pie, especially apple pie. But honestly Soarin, why would you risk your life just to draw apple pie? I mean, no s***.

Mr. Doodle looked across the room at Spitfire and Soarin, allowing me to see a slight bit of darts in his eyes. The teacher motions for them to come forward, and they walk up. I can see and hear them talking, and the two eventually slump down and start to head out the room.

Yup dash, you were correct. Now, at least something this period has been interesting. Now, onto the rest of the school day.

~⋒ϟ~

 Lunch. I'm sitting with my friends; Twilight Sparkle, Rarity Belle, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Sunset Shimmer, and Applejack. Okay, I am sitting with them all, but beside Applejack. We're currently contemplating our grades, sports, and home.

"So, I think I'm pushing a B in math," Applejack says to me, as I'm stuffing chips in my mouth. She's eating an apple, obviously. 

"Huh. Well, that's not as bad as me. I have a C in math this whole semester, so I'm sure you'll be just fine." I smirk, and she just giggles. Hah, classic Jacki.

I continue to talk with AJ about all our topics. Eventually, the bell rings and it's time to head to class.

"Bye," Twilight says, and heads off with Sunset. They both have Chemistry next, so they always head over there together. Fluttershy and Pinkie then leave, and finally Applejack. I walk with Rarity to my next class, language arts, because we're in it together.

"Darling, we should get going. One wouldn't want to be late for class!" Rarity eagerly says. Her favorite subject is ELA, as she loves to read Shadow Spade Mystery books and write fashion magazines of her own. I nod in agreement, and haul my backpack over my shoulder and get going.

"So, Rainbow Dash, how are you doing today?" Rarity asks me as we're walking through the halls. This is a rather weird question because we've been talking the whole lunch period. Why ask this now?

"Uh, good, why do you ask?" I look down, kinda awkwardly. I mean, Rarity and I are total opposites, but we have some things in common. We both have dreams of big careers, hers being to have a big fashion empire, and mine being on the famous Wonderbolt Airforce—they do flying formation for the most part, which is the part that I want to do. But sometimes (well, so far, only once), the Wonderbolts are called to help fight in a battle if they are low on hands.

"Well, you know, I just had to notice that you're a bit smitten for a certain girl. Someone with a stetson, perhaps?" Rarity grins, and my face flushes red. No, I don't have a crush on Applejack. I haven't even thought about it! How could Rarity think I do?

"Uh-huh, Rarity, whatever you want to think." I roll my eyes. Rarity has been hounding me about my supposed "crush" on Applejack for a while now, but now I've just accepted that it'll never stop.

Rarity rolls her eyes back.

I sigh.

What if she's right, though?

ummm hiiii

anyways hope u guys enjoyed this first chapter! please vote and add this to your list if you liked it, that would mean the world to me!! <3