Tuesday, December 4th, 2013 ⋒ϟ

6th period.

Gym.

Our class is about to run the mile. I grin and look at Applejack, with my game face on.

"Ready to face defeat?" I say, proudly and confidently.

"Oh, f*ck you, Rainbow. I beat ya last time. There's no way you can pass my time now."

"You only beat my time last week because I left early for a dentist appointment. Nobody was there for you to beat!"

"Nonsense. I'll prove it to you today, you'll see."

"Oh my f*cking god, AJ, you might be stronger than me, but I'm ten times faster than you. Did you forget that I went to the state track meet last year?"

"No, I didn't. Maybe because you don't ever stop talking about it."

Jacki side-eyed me with the most annoyed and sarcastic look ever.

I was about to respond back to her, but I was stopped when our gym teacher announced that we were about to start.

"As a reminder, folks, a mile at this school measures to be about 6 laps around our track. Good luck. You can all start running in 3, 2, 1!"

And like that, we all started on our mile.

At first, Applejack was in front of me. Then I swiftly passed by her. I was infront of her for a while, but then she passed me once more. On our 5th lap.

Personally, I was not going to let this slide so easily. Near the end of our last lap, I powered through and passed her just at the end. I wrote down my time on the clipboard, and then handed the pencil over to her.

"So.." I slowly said.

"Yes, Dash, you won." She mumbled while she finished writing her score. She then turned to me. "But this doesn't change the fact that I'm still athletically capable of anything."

"Okay.. fair." I decided to let this go. We were going to argue about it another time anyway, and I thought: why not use our leftover 15 minutes to a better use?

"Hey, again, thanks for letting me borrow your sweater yesterday. Here you go,"

"You do remember me saying you can keep it, right?" Jacki replied.

"Well, yeah, but it's alright. Now c'mon, take it."

"Thanks, Bowie." She nudged me in the arm and chuckled.

The rest of the period went on as usual. We were then told to go back to the locker rooms and change. Unfortunately, AJ and I were on opposite sides of the locker room, so we couldn't talk and had to split at the entrance. But, we always met up afterwards. Always.

I waited for her outside, with just 2 minutes before the bell rang. She then came rolling around the corner, and she sat down next to me. Applejack was always the later one, because she had to put on her goddamn boots, which take a million hours to put on. Between the crinkly-folding edges of the boots to those laces that will never lay down straight, she has a bit of a rough time. But, it's okay. These boots are special.

okk so im aware that the chapters are getting shorter, sorry!
its just that i need filler chapters, so they just wont be as
detailed as the main chapters. i promise this will be 
worth it tho