The Day I Fell In Love with Mr. Annoying

Ni: Rachel Joyce S. Magcamit

                They say if you hate a person, the more likely you will fall in love with him/her. Some people might take this seriously but honestly, I don't. Do you want to know why? It's because this saying is a complete hoax. At least, that's what I thought. After meeting Cal aka The Most Annoying But The Most Gorgeous Guy in The Universe, I beg to differ. Ugh, he's so annoying that I had to use all of my willpower not to strangle him on the spot.

                   It's summer and I don't have any special activities prepared. I wanted to go to an anime convention this year but Mom says it's a no-go. Sadness galore...

                   Then one day, I was walking to the grocery store when I saw Cal shopping with a little girl. I became curious so I approached them in a stealthy way. The little girl was jumping up and down in excitement as if she's waiting in line to speak to Santa Claus. Cal smiled to her and carried her in his arms.

                   "Okay, princess. You'll get some ice cream before we go home. What flavour do you like?" he asked.

                   "Strawberry! I want strawberry, Kuya. Please?" the girl pleaded. I thought Cal was going to refuse her. But in the end, he laughed and agreed to the girl's demand. I couldn't help but smile. However, that was short-lived because I saw him looking at me. I became embarrassed and ran away from the store. He must've been grinning like a Cheschire cat. I will wipe it off his face when we see each other again.

Here I am waiting, for you to come in my house, and punch your face.

 I'm really sick and tired of thinking of you.

 Your stupid smile when I trip in the hallway makes me want to kick your ass.

 But through it all, through the rise and fall, I realize something new.

 I didn't notice I was falling hard for you...

                   After that huge incident in the grocery store, I was beginning to have a feeling that I was being followed. While walking, I noticed I have a handsome shadow following me everywhere but the girl's restroom. Jeez, I know this is crazy but I think I have a stalker. So, I do what a girl in her right mind should do: RUN. I ran like a madman but the guy keeps gaining on me. When I was too tired to run, I found myself in the park, all alone.

                   "Ashley!" someone called my name. When I turned around, I saw Cal panting from all the running. I knelt to the ground involuntarily and began to cry. He approached me and surprisingly, embraces me tight. After I calmed down, he told me that a rapist is on the loose and whose victims ended up dead or paralyzed.

                   "I was following you to make sure you'll get home safe. It's pretty dangerous for a girl like you to roam the streets at night alone." Cal explained. I don't know why but I feel safe around him. Not that I'm falling for him or anything.

                   After that, he walked me home. Wow, for an annoying guy, he sure is a gentleman, not to mention a good-looking drop-dead gorgeous guy.

                   Oh gosh, what the heck is wrong with me?! I was supposed to hate this guy. And yet, his sudden change of demeanor makes me fond of him in a manner of seconds! Great. Now, I'm certain that I'm on my way to a mental institution.