new boy in the mix

Kai sat at the kitchen bench waiting for Zane to finish, he could feel the tension in the air. the last time they were all in the same room was back when Kai stole the sword of fire, and since then they had been enemies. "hey kai, you like playing video games?" Jay asked trying to lighten the mood whilst his mouth full of toast, "i have never played them, most of my childhood i was either on the run from the cops, in jail or with Garmadon, so i didn't have time-" kai stopped and looked up, all of them we're staring at him in disbelief.

"so wait you never played video games or eat ice cream or even watched the latest movies?" Jay said out loud, "did you do anything fun in your younger years Kai?" Zane said bringing him a plate of bacon and eggs. "thinking back on it the only fun i had was before my family got taken or i was causing trouble somewhere in the city" Kai kept his head down, he was not ready for this, "don't worry after all this we will make sure you relive your childhood, both you and your sister" Cole said putting his hand on Kai's shoulder.

Kai had just realised that if kai didn't have his childhood, then, what was Nya's like. 'i'll have to ask her about it later' Kai thought he wanted to reconcile with these 3 ninja. "i, um, i'm not the best at these kinds of things" Kai said scratching the back of his head, "don't worry about it, we all have trouble talking about the past" Cole said to him. "not that, i have always been taught to not make friends because they only let you down and not to show emotions cause it shows weakness" Kai explained.

"what im trying to say is that i'm sorry......for all this trouble i have caused and i promise when we're done i will be out of your hair" Kai said cutting a piece of bacon to eat. "what makes you think we want you gone?" Jay said, "we were told to create the saviours of ninjago we needed all the element masters, earth, lightning, ice and fire, to protect our homes we need you on our team Kai" Zane explained.

"but, i'm not a hero, I'm just some brat who got was taught the wrong things" Kai said slowly eating his breakfast trying not to make eye contact with any of them. "you might of been taught the wrong things but that shouldn't stop you from lear the right things Kai, we can help you" Cole persuaded, "But-" Kai tried to continue but was interrupted by Jay "no buts, heh butts, starting today we will be showing how to be a ninja like us, even your sister is joining our team". Kai had to think about it, he wasn't sure if he was ready or would be any good, but if his sister is giving it a go why shouldn't he.

"fine, i'll do it, but only because Nya is" Kai said finishing off his breakfast, in saying that it seemed to lighten the mood. "ok but first things first, your coming with me, i'm going to teach you about the wonderful thing called 'video games'" Jay said holding onto Kai with one hand Kai stared at him not use to physical touch much. as Kai and Jay walked out of the room Cole and Zane were left alone, "so, that went well" Cole said. "indeed, although i'm afraid he isn't as confident as he was when we first met him" Zane added, "yeah well a lot did happen, we shouldn't force him to do stuff just yet" Cole said washing up his mug in the sink.

"here is your controller, you use this button and this button to move and these 4 are for attacking and jumping" Jay explained to Kai as they sat in the games room. "ok so, what is the point of this game" Kai asked, " destroy the evil robots" Jay said sitting next to him on the couch. Jay started the game up and they began to play, the more the progressed the more Kai liked it, "Hey this is actually pretty good, to your left" Kai said loudly, "i know right, ok pick up this weapon we'll need it for the big boss next" jay said.

They continued this game for another 20 minutes until Cole and Zane walked in, "come on guys it's time for training" Cole said to them, "ok fine" Jay was used to having to stop the game mid session but Kai wasn't, he wanted to keep playing. "what why, can't we do that later, i'm really getting into this game" Kai exclaimed, " you can play later, Master Wu wants us to train" Zane said. "Wait has any of you seen my master- i mean Garmadon" Kai said the sadness in his tone was very noticeable.
-
-
-
ill definitely be writing a lot more soon cause i go on holidays next week 😃🥳

fire in the darkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें