tough times ahead and past

"where am i?" kai asked himself, what surrounded him was, nothing. one second he was at the fire temple with his master, Garmadon next thing he's in darkness.

he wondered the darkness for what felt like hours before a red figure stood in front of him smoke covering his details, it felt oddly familiar. "who are you? d-do you know what this place is" kai questioned him, "this is your mind and your soul" they figure spoke, "if this is my mind why is it so dark and bleak" he asked again but this time the figure didn't answer. "fine, if you won't answer me, i'll just have to force it out of you" his fists ready to punch.

"i am Elio, the first elemental master of fire, your great x1000 grandfather" the smoke cleared to see his face showing a small smile. "why am i here? why are you here?! wait... does this mean i'm... dead" kai didn't want it to be true there was so much he hadn't done yet, he still didn't find out what happened to his family. "no no no no, no when you absorbed the power of the sword of fire my soul pushed yours out of your body" Elio said softly, "and now where both in between being a soul and having a body, we just have to wait until either your body pushes me out or rejects you, kai."

"how long will that take?" kai asked looking around at the surroundings, "i have no idea" he chuckled. "come sit with me, let's talk, i haven't spoken to anyone in a very long time" Elio sat on the ground and patted the ground next to him implying for Kai to sit. "so, i have always wanted to know, how did you become the first elemental master of fire?" Kai asked him after taking a seat next to him. "well it is long story, but i was once a blacksmith like you, in runs in your blood buddy" he smiled at Kai.

"i was experimenting with fire and this gold i found near this massive volcano, i worked for days on end just to finish all the small details and once it was done this young man walked into my small shop, he didn't look all that impressed by my work but once he saw the sword he started asking me about how it was made and what kind of metal, after answering his questions, he touched the sword and he looked at me and told me that with lots of training and hard work that i could actually control fire, and so i did, i trained so hard and even joined his 'special team' of others who had potential to control elements. i gotta say i made some amazing friends... i sure do miss them" he finished his story and he looked like he about to cry

"if you don't mind me asking but, did something happen to them?" Kai softly asked, Elio looked at him and smiled "well, as we each grew older and had families of our own we grew apart, but on our last mission as a team... something happened and it all went wrong... each of them died in front of me... all but me, i managed to survive... my best friend, Arvada the first elemental master of earth, he died in my arms" the tears grew in Elio's eyes. Kai could see the pain he was hiding behind his smile, "i'm sorry, for asking" Kai said putting his hand on Elio's shoulder.

the minutes grew longer and longer, "how mush time has passed in the outside world Elio?", "about 5 seconds". "wait what, but it felt like soo much longer" Kai lay fully on the floor due to boredom, "sadly the time passes slower in here then it does out there" Elio said looking out at nothing. "Kai, who do you think took your family" Elio said out of nowhere, "how did you know they were taken?", "i have been watching you, as with all the other fire elementals before you". "i haven't really thought to much in to who took them... and to be honest... i don't think there ever coming back" kai said, the tear forcing their way.

"what makes you think that bud", "well, i would have found them by now, i mean i am the pupil to the greatest villain in all of ninjago, he knows the in and outs and everything it had to offer... if he can't find them what luck would i have" kai sat up and held his knees in close to his body. "what if... they left me on purpose... what if they ran away and hid from me because they didn't want me... because i'm to weak... or maybe... i was to much of a fucking screwups" the tears fell faster and faster down his cheeks, he tried to hide them from Elio but he could tell he wasn't doing a good job.

"you know i thought that too when i was younger, my parents we're always very hard on me, but looking back at it now i can just see that they we're trying to make me be better" Elio said laughing at his memories. "my point is that even though they aren't with you right now doesn't mean that they don't love you, and trust me they love you so much" Elio put his hand on Kai's shoulder, "how do you know?", "just trust me Kai" they both smiled at each other.

suddenly a beam of light came over them and Elio was being sucked up, "looks like my souls was chosen, sorry kid, but i will try and make things right" Elio called out to him, "wait but-" Kai had no chance to stop it Elio was gone and Kai was alone and the only thing that he has to keep company was his thoughts. "no no no no, there must be a way out of here" Kai started running, "maybe this is all a dream and i'll wake up in my bed" he ran and ran and ran until he had no more breath. he fell to his knees, he was afraid, afraid of being alone with his thoughts.
-
-
-
man don't you just love Kai angst :)
-
sorry if there are any spelling mistakes im tired 😴

---man don't you just love Kai angst :)-sorry if there are any spelling mistakes im tired 😴