26. Grace

~Epilogue~

Grace smiled sitting on her uncle Brans lap as he was wheeled to the front gates. Jon was back with the dragon queen herself.

"Weee!" Grace declared as they were pushed. She raised her hands up high laughing out. Bran held her in his lap as she giggled out.

"Ready?" Bran questioned.

"I have missed Jon so much." Verena agreed as she ran a hand through brans hair. "You get to meet your uncle Jon." Verena told Grace.

"Uncle." Grace pointed at Bran.

"Another uncle!" Verena declared. "I told you about Jon you silly girl."

"Jon!" Grace declared nodding along the recollection setting in.

"He is going to love you." Verena declared kissing the top of her head.

"Dragons!" Gracie shouted pointing to the sky. "Mama look!" Verenas gaze shifted to the sky.

"Sevens." Verena rasped.

"That's not the worst of it." Bran remarked gently.

"Its cool as long as they don't melt winterfell." Verena offered hopefully.

"She used to have three dragons." Bran corrected.

"What happened to the third?" Verena whispered

"One two! Only two!" Grace told Bran.

"The night king has him." Bran answered and verena felt sick.

"Fucking hell." Verena muttered. "We are all going to die."

"Mama?" Grace questioned.

"We are all going to be fine because uncle bran is magical!" Verena corrected kissing her little face.

"You put a lot of faith in me Verena." Bran countered. "I don't know how this is going to end."

"So you are just like the rest of us. Figuring it out as we go."

Bran sat front and center in front of Winterfell when Jon got there he hugged and kissed his head.

'Look at you he said you're a man' jon said looking at his brother. Sitting in a wheel chair. Immobilized from the fall but he had grown a lot since Jon had seen him.

'Almost,' bran told him.

"Verena," Jon rasped as she put down Grace. Jon hugged her joyously. "Oh Vee, look at you-" Grace waved up at him. "Hello little one, who's this?"

"This is my daughter, Grace." Verena introduced.

"Grace." Jon repeated.

"Uncle Jon?" Grace questioned.

"Yes, yes... thats me." Jon agreed. Grace reached up for him and he picked her up. "Verena she is beautiful." Jon said as Grace gave him a kiss.

"I think so too."

"We have a lot to catch up on." Jon realized and Verena nodded her agreement as Grace reached out for her.

'Where is arya?' jon asked looking around.

'Lurking somewhere' Sansa told him, hugging him as well. Daenerys cleared her throat annoyed to be kept waiting. Jon took a step back gesturing to Daenerys.

''This is queen Daenerys of house Targaryen these are my sisters, Verena and Sansa stark of Winterfell.'

'Thank you for inviting us the north is just as beautiful as your brother said you are' dany complimented stiffly.

'The north is yours your grace' sansa said bitterly, Verena didnt want to rule like Sansa did, Sansa could be in charge of Winterfell she was always good at bossing people around. Verena was just glad to be home, that her daughter had a home that was safe.

'We do not have time for this' bran told them 'the night king has your dragon he's one of them now the wall has fallen dead march south.''

+

Grace ran throughout the great hall of winterfell. A laugh on her lips as Verena chased after her daughter. Everyone was debating what to do and what to feed all these armies and verena knew she wouldnt be useful in that conversation, her time was better spent with Gracie.

"Verena."

She knew that gruff voice. She never thought to hear it again. She turned scooping up Grace. Sandor stared back at her.

"Hello sandor."

"Whos this?" Sandor questioned. Verena smiled as Grace tipped her head into Verena.

"Sandor. Meet your niece, Grace. Gracie meet your uncle Sandor."