20. Say Something

Gregor found verena pacing. Her hands on her stomach. He watched her a long moment before speaking up.

"Vee." She spun to face him. "What's-"

"Im pregnant."

"What?" Gregor questioned.

"Im pregnant." Verena repeated slower.

"Pregnant... a baby." He realized.

"Your baby. Our baby." Verena agreed.

'Prince Oberyn.' Tywin remarked stiffly.

'Lord Tywin.' Oberyn said, Ellaria made no effort to move.

'May we have the room?' Tywin asked stiffly, he didn't like these establishments, Oberyn looked up his Paramore.

'Call if you need me lover.' she said as the whores cleared out of the room, Tywin shook his head he couldn't believe this man.

'Would you like to sit?' Oberyn asked

'No thank you.' Tywin stiffly.

'Some wine?' Oberyn asked

'No thank you.'

'I'm sorry about your grandson.' Oberyn remarked

'Oh thank you.' Tywin said almost as an afterthought. No one cared for joffrey. Tommen would do better because he would listen to tywin.

'I don't believe that the child is responsible for the sins of his father or his grandfather.' Oberyn said pouring himself a glass 'what an awful way to die.'

'Which way is that?'

'Are you interrogating me Lord Tywin?' Oberyn questioned.

'Some believe the king choked.' Tywin offered.

'Some people believe the sky is blue because we live inside the eye have a big white giant.' Oberyn countered 'the king was poisoned'

'I hear you studied poisons at the citadel.' Tywin remarked.

'I did.' Oberyn confirmed 'this is why I know.'

"Say something." Verena begged. "My sister fled. The king is dead. Im pregnant and scared of whats to come... say something."

"A baby," gregor repeated.

"Are you happy? Sad? Angry? I cant tell. You need to give me more than that gregor please!" Verena begged. "Give me something to hold onto. To know it will be okay."

"Baby." Gregor repeated outting a hand on her stomach. He chuckled. "Its gonna be a big fucker Vee." She stared at him a moment before she smiled too. He hugged her and she clung to him it was the sweetest kindness he could have showed her.

'Your hatred for my family as well known you arrive at the capital with your experts and poisoning and now my grandson dies a poison..' Tywin offered calmly.

'That is suspicious.' Oberyn agreed smugly.

'Lord Tyrion was in this brothel the very day that you arrived.' Tywin went on, trying to keep the edge from his voice. 'what did you discuss?'

'Do you think we can spired together?' Oberyn mused. "That I met him thought dear lord, the little stark wolf could be better and I fucked her brains out found she was married to a mountain did it again then we planned to murder the king?"

'What did you discuss?' he pushed.

"Or do you think we planned and then fucked?" Oberyn mused.

"What did you discuss?" Tywin asked again as he grit his teeth.

'The death of my sister." Oberyn told him.

'You blame me?' Tywin remarked.

'She was raped and murdered by the mountain.' Oberyn reminded him 'the mountain follows your orders of course I blame you.'

'Well here I stand unarmed unguarded...' Tywin remarked.

'You are unarmed in unguarded because you know me better than that.' Oberyn told him. 'I am a man of reason if I cut your throat today I would be thrown in court tomorrow.'

'Men make all sorts of crimes without their superiors knowledge.' Tywin remarked

"I would like to speak to the mountain again. No interruptions this time.' oberyn told him

'I'm sure he would like to speak to you.' Tywin informed him.

'Maybe not as much as you think he would.' Oberyn remarked

'I could arrange for this meeting...'

'But you want something in return.' Oberyn remarked

Verena wanted her mother wanted her father and her siblings. Wanted this baby not to know fear. Not to be trapped. Wanted this bany to be able to play in the snow. See the wolves of the north.

This little baby would be a hound and a wolf. A Clegane and a stark. A warrior with honor. Maybe she would have a little boy she doubted would ever be little knowing how big gregor and sandor were. She wanted to ask their mother if they ripped her apart but gregors parents were long dead too.

Verena wanted to live more than anything now. For this baby and she knew the capital wasnt safe. Knew gregor wouldnt leave. But she didnt want to end up dead and have this baby feel so alone like she did for so many moons without her father and mother.

+

'I hope not all these meetings are going to be this early.' Oberyn whined 'I was up late last night... So does this mean I have a master of something now? Coins? Ships?'' Gregor rolled his eyes from the door. These royal cunts needed a guard here all the time to applaud their ass wiping.

'Lord Tywin and I already decided that I should be the master of ships long before you.' mace Tyrell said they all stood as Tywin came in except for Oberyn he was relaxing his foot up on the table bored out of his mind and tired, extremely tired.

'Late night as well?' Oberyn teased as Tywin came in. Tywin just stared over at him. Oberyn was already a throne in his side. Tywin sat down with a groan, gregor yawned. He hated this.

'Lord Tywin, you do me the great honor of being on this council.' mace said

'All right the trial begins this afternoon.' Tywin said getting to work, 'opening statements, lets begin.'

'Sandor Clegane has been spotted in the Riverlands my Lord.' varys said and gregors gaze shifted. He had not thought about his own brother on moons. But now that he was having a child it brought him back to own youth. His kid was going to be shit if it was like him but sweet if it had even a slicer of verena in it.

'A coward and traitor.' Cersei remarked

'My birds tell me the hand slaughtered five of our soldiers and Daenerys has taken up residence in Maureen, she has conquered the city and rules as it's queen.'

'Conquers with what?' Cersei spat.

'She conquers an army of Dothraki and unsullied from 8000 strong she has a company sell sword the second sons she has two advisors survive advising her one is jorah mormont and she has three dragons.' Varys went on.

'Baby dragons.'