17. Dressed like a Daydream

"You look pretty Vee." Gregor remarked. 

"Thank you." Verena answered. "You look very handsome." Gregor touched the bodice of her dress. "You going to rip this one off too?" she pondered. 

"It's what wedding are for." Gregor agreed. "What?"

"You are smiling." Verena remarked staring back at him wide eyed. "You are... smiling." his face fell slightly.

"You are dressed like a daydream Vee." 

"I like it when you smile." Verena offered, it was both strange and horrifying considering she only ever saw him happy when he was killing. Gregor leaned in to kiss her when his hand tilted her neck to the side seeing the fading bruises. She tensed but he dropped his hand crouching to meet her eyes head on. 

"I hurt you." Gregor realized. 

"I'm okay now." Verena assured. Gregor nodded kissing her before moving to the door. His hand froze on the doorknob. He turned ever so slightly, his head down, his voice low and gruff Verena took a step closer cautiously. 

"I didnt mean to." 

verena smiled grabbing his hand, giving it a squeeze. 

"I know." Verena assured. "Come on, we have a wedding to get to.''

+

'Let it be known that Margaery of house Tyrell and Joffrey of the houses Lannister and Baratheon are one heart one flesh one soul cursed be to those who would seek to tear them asunder.'

"Let it be over." Gregor grumbled. "Why are weddings so fucking long?"

"They need everyone to know and behold their... beknownment." Verena offered.

"Be... knownment?" Sansa asked. Gregor wasnt the smartest but he rose a brow at Verena too at that word. Verena nodded slowly. 

"Yeah, it's a word. I just said it therefore, henceforth, beknownment is now a word." Verena informed her. Gregor laughed out loud and Margaerys gaze snapped viciously to them. 

"I don't think so." Sansa told her.

"All words were made up until someone decided that it was true." Verena countered. "Sorry, this is margaery's day and we are being very rude." Verena realized. 

"Oh no keep going this is fascinating much better than the bride and grooms false smiles.' Tyrion informed her.

'With this kiss I pledge my love,' Joffrey said bringing his lips to Margaery the crowd clapped happily as they were announced man and wife. King and Queen.

"His love... I don't think that is anything, anyone wants. I heard what he did to those whores you gave him for his name day." Verena whispered and Tyrion snorted a laugh.

"Not my proudest moment." Tyrion agreed. 

''We have a new queen.' Sansa said down to Tyrion.

''Yes we do,' he agreed. Gregor offered Verena a genuine smile as he grabbed her hand. Sansa stumbled back shocked. 

"The mountain just smiled." Sansa whispered to Tyrion. "What happened to him?" 

"Your sister is magical." Tyrion offered. 

"Last week he almost killed her." Sansa countered. 

"Maybe its the dress." Tyrion offered watching Verena walk away, Sansa gave him a disgusted look. "Your sister is beautiful, its a nice compliment, I'm not-" Tyrion rose his hands in surrender. "You look nice." Sansa rolled her eyes, she didnt want or need his compliments, she marched off for the feast that would surely last all day and night making her feel more and more a prisoner.

+

''All taken care of.'

'you saw her on the ship?'

''All taken care of.' Bronn confirmed for the millionth time.

'And you saw the ship sail away?' Tyrion questioned.

'No one knows she's there except you me and Varys.' Bronn confirmed

'How do you know?'

'Because no one follows me without invitation or I am the last person they ever saw.' Bronn told him.

'Someone saw you, you mean?' Tyrion questioned.

'She is gone.' Bronn told him. 'I know you don't wanna believe it but she is. Now go drink until it feels like you did the right thing.'' 

Gregor was a flagon in already it seemed while Verena had taken one sip of the wine and felt it coming back up. Gregor watched her over her cup. She was wiping at her lips when she came back. 

"You sick?" 

"No." Verena corrected. 

"You are sick. We go." 

"No, I'm fine." Verena assured. 

"You hate weddings? That it? You were sick on your sisters wedding." Gregor reminded her gruffly. 

"I love weddings!" Verena corrected. "I think they are so romantic and beautiful, but stomach is just in knots recently." Verena offered. "Maybe some food, I didnt eat today."

"Eat." gregor agreed pushing his plate before her. 

"I was thinking more bread." Verena offered looking to his pile of meat. "I think I will check on sansa too."

Joffreys wedding was large and over the top but that was to be expected on the King's wedding. Sansa sat next to Tyrion, miserably. Verena moved up to them crouching beside them. 

"Lovely day, so damn hot though." Verena offered. "You look lovely Sansa."

"You too Vee." Sansa whispered. 

"You need a drink and I need some bread, oh bread!" Verena remarked reaching for the beard bowl. 

The banquet music played and there was a feast the size of kings landing itself. Margaery listened to the music intently. Verena tipped her head back and forth to the music before excusing herself from Sansa's side. Sansa watched Verena move to Prince Oberyn's table, he had a charming smile. 

Sansa was at the head table while Verena sat among the people, the knights, she found a spot beside Prince Oberyn he was sweet to her until he found out who she was married to. Gregor plopped a plate down glaring back at Oberyn. 

"Gregor Clegane." Oberyn remarked. 

"What's it to ya?" Gregor countered. 

"This is prince Oberyn Martell and his lovely friend Ellaria." Verena remarked patting Gregors thick thigh.

Kill 'em With Kindness / Gregor Cleganeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें