Chapter 43 - A Fireplace

Eight months later

Eight months later.

I stare at the ground and mountains around us that are fully covered in white.

I feel a sense of tranquility as I then look over at the people who have become family. Ilya and Anton are having a snowball fight and Galina is having a conversation with my mama as they drink some hot tea.

We've come to Russia for a small vacation. It was Katya's idea and I loved it so I planned everything out and brought us here. I would do anything to see her happy. Especially since it's been almost a year since we've been together.

Yesterday we went skiing and then had a fancy and delicious hot meal later that evening. It was quite an experience. I had no idea what I was doing but my beautiful and sweet fiancée helped me and taught me tips and techniques that she knows. My mother and Galina didn't know either but Ilya and Anton helped in assisting them. It was a great and long day that we had as a family.

We're now on our way to have breakfast or lunch. One of the two since it's morning but it will soon be noon. We're just waiting on Katya who is taking her sweet time but I'm not complaining because she can do as she pleases.

I suddenly feel arms wrap around my torso from behind me and a smile instantly makes its way onto my face. I turn around to look at my angel who looks as beautiful as ever. She has a scarf over her head, but it is also covering her neck and she looks fucking cute. She kind of looks like a princess who is out on an adventure in the forest on a snowy day.

"You look beautiful." I state, giving her a kiss on the lips.

"Thank you, malysh. You look beautiful too." She wraps her arms around my waist.

"Lets go feed you." I tell her with a kiss to her forehead.

She smiles grabbing my face and giving me a quick kiss on the lips. "Let's go then."

That's when I notice the gold bracelet she has on. I take her hand to look down at her wrist and my heart feels even happier when seeing the bracelet closer.

"You still have it." I state glancing at her.

"Yeah, I destroyed it because I didn't want you to know at that moment about what happened. I wanted to protect you." She tells me also staring down at the bracelet.

"I immediately went to get it put back together after." With that I kiss the bracelet and then the back of her hand.

"I'm glad you kept it and I'm sorry for the tracker. I was just worried about you and your heists. I wanted to be alert of where you were in case of anything so that I could help and protect you." I explain myself to her because I don't want her to think I did it to be some sort of creep.

"I know and I really did appreciate that." She softly gives me a smile and gives me another kiss.

"Lets go now and not keep our family waiting any longer." She looks behind me at them with a glow to her eyes and face.