Chapter 27 - A White Dress

I finally let myself fall back onto my bed

My body relaxes at the contact, but my brain doesn't. I've just gotten out of the shower and finished doing my whole night routine. It's very late at night now and I can't stop thinking about Amado and the things that happened between us just a few hours ago.

We kissed then we did more than kiss and then he told me he was in love with me.

My phone lights up from beside me on my nightstand. I reach over and take it to see who could have texted me.

I sit up immediately when I see that it is unknown. That only means that it is Boris.

I wait a few minutes before he responds, and it almost makes me angry when I see that it is just the address to a cafe in the city

I wait a few minutes before he responds, and it almost makes me angry when I see that it is just the address to a cafe in the city. It's followed by a text where he is demanding that I show up because it is a very good deal that I wouldn't want to miss.

I fight the urge to throw my phone across the room. Instead, I calmly put it down and lay back in bed.

I'm not going to be able to sleep just thinking about what this deal of his could possibly be.

He said that I would love it which tells me that I will absolutely hate it.

__

I fiddle with my fingers as many nerves run through me.

My palms are sweaty, and my chest feels heavy. I have become very anxious knowing he will be sitting in front of me. I really can't stand his presence for obvious reasons. It's the reason my body reacts this way.

I don't feel safe, and I hate it badly. I only want to run out of here as far away as possible and never have any contact with this disgusting and horrible excuse of a man. I don't even like the sound of his name.

I feel like I can't breathe and my heart speeds up when I see him finally enter the cafe. I avoid looking at him in hopes that whatever is happening with me won't become worse.

A briefcase is slammed on the table causing me to slightly flinch as he takes a seat across from me.

"Glad you could make it." His voice sends chills down my spine, and it almost makes me nauseous.

"Just get straight to the point and tell me about this deal of yours." I look everywhere to avoid looking at him.

"Anxious, I see." There is surely a horrible smile on his face from his tone of voice.

The briefcase on the table is suddenly opened right in front of me to look at. A light blue diamond collection is displayed right in my face.

The Russian's jewelry.

That causes me to look at Boris as much as I hate to do it. He slams the case shut and stares at me. His stare is like a warning sign of what he will say.

"If you really want these diamonds to be returned and you want to be reunited with your dear aunt Galina, then you are going to have to give yourself to me." His words make my stomach churn.

"You will marry me." He clarifies and makes sure to make it very clear.

It's like my voice has been taken all over again. My hands are shaking in my lap, and I haven't felt this terrified of something in so long. His lust filled stare and evil eyes aren't making the situation any better.

"I even brought you a gift, future wife." He informs me as he pulls a gift bag from beside him that I hadn't even noticed.

He hands it to me, but I am unable to make any movement. It's like I've frozen in my spot from how not okay I feel. It's obvious that he has an idea of what I am feeling. I can tell by the look on his disgusting face.

"I'll open it for you." He takes the bag back and opens it.

I watch as he slowly pulls out a white dress as he smiles in excitement. It's not until he has the dress extended out beside him for me to look at that I realize it. He kept it.

A knot forms in my throat and I actually feel sick to my stomach.

This piece of shit kept the white dress that I wore on that night. The night that he took me and did the worst thing he could have ever done to me. He took my innocence and caused me so much physical and mental pain.

"This is what you will be wearing to our engagement party." His words almost make me want to burst out crying from the rage I am feeling.

"It's the dress you wore that lovely and magical night."

I swear I'm going to throw up.

I ball my hands into fists and dig my nails into my palms as a way to contain my rage. I feel a hot tears leave my eyes and run down my cheeks. His face softens but in a sarcastic and almost mocking manner.

I've never killed anyone in my life, but I have the connections to get away with murder. I want to murder this fucking piece of shit.

"You don't have decide now." Boris says it in a tone that indicates he is trying to comfort me.

I only stare at him in so much anger.

"There will be consequences though if you choose to not marry me. These precious diamonds will disappear, and you will be reunited with your aunt, but she will arrive at your doorstep in a body bag."

I somehow get the strength to calmly stand up from my seat wiping my eyes and avoiding looking at him anymore.

I'm about to walk away and leave when he speaks up.

"I would say take your time, but you don't have a lot of it. I expect an answer from you the moment I ask you for it." With that I finally walk away.

I leave the cafe and go home all in silence. I don't even cry anymore.

There is so much to think about. I think my decision is a bit clear as much as I hate it, but it seems it's the only right thing to do. I'm absolutely terrified and I have no one to go to. I would only be causing a bigger mess if I got more people involved.

I have to just really sit down and think every little thing through about this.

Every single detail has to be thought out especially the consequences.

_________________________________