Chapter 41 - A Gun

"Are you planning on having anymore babies?" Mama asks Morelia as my aunt feeds Alina who is sitting on her lap

"Maybe but like in a few years I'll decide." She responds looking at her daughter with love.

"And you, Amado, when will I see a big and shiny rock on Katya's finger?" Mama looks at me just as I take a drink of my coffee.

I choke up a little at her sudden question. Morelia and my aunt slightly laugh at my reaction. I take a napkin and clean my mouth before looking at my mother who is waiting for a response.

"Are you serious about her? You better be Amado or else-"

"I'm very serious about her. You just caught me off guard." I assure her and she seems to calm down instantly.

"Más te vale." She looks at me in warning and I can't help but chuckle. It makes me so happy that she loves Katya.

"I want to take things slow with her and when the time is right then I'll propose. I don't want to scare her away." I assure her with a small smile.

"That's a good decision especially since this is both of your first times in a relationship." Morelia tells me in support.

I'm patiently counting down the days until I turn her name from Katya Markova to Katya Markova-Santos. She's going to be my wife someday.

__

I open my apartment door after hearing the doorbell.

A huge smile makes its way onto my face almost instantly when I see who it is. I don't waste time before smashing my lips onto her delicious ones. She kisses me back without hesitation and I pick her up into my arms.

I close the door before leading us to the living room. I set her down on a couch and then take a seat beside her when pulling away from the kiss.

"What a beautiful surprise, ojitos." I take her chin between my fingers admiring her beauty like always.

"I missed you." She smiles, softly biting her bottom lip and it does something to me.

"I miss you more every second that you aren't with me." I inform her and she smiles with that sparkle in her eyes when she looks at me.

"I also wanted to tell you something." She gently pushes my hand away from her and stands up.

She then takes a seat on my lap, and I smile like an idiot obviously loving it. She places her hands on my chest, and I wrap my arms around her waist. This reminds of the time where we had our first kiss and make out and then we made love afterwards.

"What is it?" I question putting her hair behind her ears.

"I have chosen to officially stop doing heists and stealing in general." She informs me looking happy and proud of herself.