Chapter 19 - A Trance

I've come to a horrible realization

I've began to feel foreign things for a man whose name I don't even know. I mean I think I know it but for some reason I can't remember it.

I also surprised myself just a few minutes ago when I came to another realization.

He has disappeared.

It's been weeks since I've seen him, since he has followed me and then appeared out of nowhere, and since he has irritated me badly. There is something obviously wrong with because I felt some disappointment when I came to terms with it. I kind of miss it, I miss him.

"Good day." The kind lady at the front of the gym tells me as I walk past her.

"Good day." I reply with a small wave and a smile.

I walk out the gym only to almost bump into someone. I come face to face with the man I was just thinking about for the past hour.

I begin to feel a bit upset now. He just decides to show up out of nowhere now?

"Officer, what a surprise to see you. I had thought you had finally gotten bored of me." I pretend to not be bothered by his presence at all. Why am I feeling like this?

He stands very close to me and stares down at my face closely.

"I really thought you finally left me alone." I make a small smile appear on my lips that he immediately stares at.

He only switches his stare back and forth from my eyes to my smile. It's making me feel that same foreign feeling and I have an idea of what it could be.

There is a chance that I've developed feelings for this man. I blame it on the fact that I've never had a relationship in my life or have felt what people say they do when they love their partner. I'm also blaming it on the fact that he is the only man who has willingly spent time with me without being weird.

The feeling I am feeling toward him feels strange but nice and a bit dangerous at the same time.

His intense stares and the fact that I never know what could be going through his mind is what draws me toward him even more. I hate it.

"Are you sure? It seems like you've missed me." He is very serious, and I'm very caught off guard.

He's about to do or say something else when his phone rings interrupting him. I realize then how close we really are and I back away a few steps. He gives me a look indicating that he will be right back as he answers the phone. I only give him a simple nod in return.

I then wait for him to turn his back on me and walk around the corner of the building. With that I turn around and walk as fast as I can toward my car. I get in instantly throwing my gym bag in along with my water bottle and I start the car immediately.

In just seconds I've made it toward the end of the street, and I make my way home.

He can't know that I did actually in fact kind of miss him.