Chapter 28 - A Thunderstorm

I've been purposely ignoring Amado's calls and messages

I have also been laying in my bed all day thinking. It has just been me, the silence in the house, and the sun seeping through my window for a few hours now.

After going through everything in my head over and over again, I have come to a painful decision.

I will accept Boris's deal.

The jewelry will be returned and my aunt will be safe. Everyone will be safe and happy. I obviously won't but I would do anything for the people that I love.

This morning when I dropped my brothers off at school, I realized again that Boris could go after them. I would never be able to recover if something happened to them because of me. I can't be selfish and let the people around me suffer just so that I won't.

I'm already worried about my aunt and what conditions she might be in. I truly pray and hope that she is fine. I also wouldn't be able to forgive myself if he has hurt her badly. She is the only family that my brothers and I have. I can't let us lose her too.

I get up from my bed and take my phone after putting on a jacket. I then take my car keys and leave the house.

My mind stays busy with what I have chosen to do until I get to the place, I had thought of coming to when thinking of Amado.

That deal is the only option I really have. I've tried of thinking of every loophole possible to make something work so that I won't have to suffer in any way, but it doesn't seem like it's possible. I'm aware of what a hell I'll be living in.

My only worries are my family more than myself.

I step out my car and make my way toward the jewelry store. It feels a bit weird to be here normally and not breaking in. I'm also here to buy and not steal.

"Good afternoon, may I help you?" A blonde middle aged saleswoman asks as soon as I step foot into the place.

"Yes, I am looking for a small gift to give to my boyfriend." I return the smile she is giving me.

Amado is far from being my boyfriend, but I need to say goodbye to him in a way where I won't have to physically say the words. It hurts me to do this especially after he confessed that he was in love with me. If I would have known that before then I wouldn't have kissed him or even slept with him.

"I'll gladly help you with that. Come this way." The lady says happily and I follow after her.

__

I stare at the band inside the red leather box.

It's very basic but I engraved something on the inside. It's in Russian and I will actually let him discover it on his own.

I sigh from how tired I emotionally feel. I then close the box and grab my phone to finally get in contact with him. I decide to only send him a message and hope that he will show up and isn't mad about my small disappearance.