Chapter 19

Kingsley Creed

That very next day Royce kept his promise and attended Therapy with Kingsley. They sat in the office waiting for the Doctor to enter the room.

"You alright?" Royce asked as he watch her leg bounce non stop.

"Yea." She said. "Is this your therapist you talk to on the regular?"

"Yea, she's helped me get through a lot of things I thought I'll never open up about." He said grabbing her hand. There was a knock at the door before it opened.

Doctor Kipps walks catching their attention. "Good morning guys." She spoke with a calm tone. "Nice to see you back Royce. I see you've brought your wife."

Wife? Kingsley thought to herself. She tried her best not to side eye Royce. She just smiled and shook Doctors Kipps hand.

"So-" She said as she took a seat in her chair. "I didn't know you were married Royce. You never mentioned anyone in our sessions."

"Well you never asked." He said. "But I'm not here for a session today. This is her first time here. She wanted to try it out so I made her an appointment with you."

"Ok, we'll we can jump right into it. I'll start first, I'm Doctor Kipps, I'm from Manhattan New York and on my free time I like to stay home and read books. It bring me peace and comfort and I enjoy fiction novels." She said grabbed the notepad from her desk. "What is something you enjoy doing on your free time?"

"I sometimes meditate or I used to journal but I stopped." She told her.

Kipps nodded her head as she wrote on her notepad. "Why did you stop journaling?" Doctor Kipps asked.

"I don't know." Kingsley shrugged. "I might've grew tired of it."

"Journalism is also a good way to express yourself. Writing down what you feel at that moment is a great way to get things off your chest." She said. "So let's go back to your childhood. What was something you enjoyed doing as a kid."

"I loved to go outside. Being outside with other kids in the neighborhood was something I looked forward too. Plus I don't have any siblings so being outside riding bikes and play in my neighbors yard with other kids was fun to me." She said.

"How did that make you feel being the only child?" She asked as she write in the notepad.

"I liked it and hate it at times. I like being the only child when it came to the little things like gifts and being spoiled. I hate it when I felt lonely at times. The times I would be on punishment and couldn't go outside, I would be in the house bored. Nobody to talk too or play with." She said.

"So how would you describe your childhood? Was it good, bad or in the middle?" She asked.

Memories started to flood in her head. "I'll say it was good up until my teenage years." She said. "My teen years wasn't so good."

"Why you say that?" She asked.

"My mom and I didn't get along- well we still haven't gotten along." She said.

"You want to go into detail about that?" She asked. Kingsley immediately shook her head no. "It's ok, this is a safe spot. What's said in this room will not leave this room."