Chpater 18

Royce
Next day

RoyceNext day

"Morning Chef." Royce greets as he walks in the kitchen. "What you cooking?"

"Waffles, shrimp and grits, scrambled eggs and French toast." He said. "Hope you and Kingsley got a appetite."

"You know I do." He said. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yea son, go ahead." He said as he stirred the grits.
Royce took a seat at the island. "Oh no, somebody pregnant?"

"What- Chef why?" Royce said.

"I don't know, the look on your face says it all." He chuckled.

"No I was about to ask you about Kingsley." He said.

"Oh... what about her? You like her?" He asked. "She's pretty and you treat her way better than that other girl you bring up through here."

"I don't know about all that." He said. "I find her interesting though."

"Well son, if you find her interesting that mean you like her. Don't be in denial." He said. "I'm cooking tonight. You and her can have dinner here on the balcony. My treat."

Royce picked up his phone reading messages from the guys. "Thank you and don't think I don't know you brought some groceries."

"Well maybe if you stop snacking all day on everything you'll have something left for me to cook." He said. "You're getting fat."

"Alright unc." Royce waved him off. One thing about Chef David, he was always going to tell you how it is. Kingsley appears in the kitchen.

"Kingsley." Chef David smile. "Glad to see you up this early."

She smiled. "Smells good in here." She said standing next to Royce. "Are you making shrimp and grits? I love shrimp and grits."

"Well you can eat all you want." He said. "I'll make it special."

"But you just told me I was getting fat." Royce spoke.

"You not getting fat, you are fat." He said making Kingsley laugh.

"You think I'll go to jail for boxing a 57 year old man?" He asked Kingsley who was laughing. "Chef you can give me and Kingsley a second to talk."

"Sure, don't eat all the food while I'm gone." He said chuckling before exiting the kitchen.

"Old people can be so mean." Kingsley shakes her head as he turned his body facing her. "What?" She asked.