Death Drive

"AIDEEEEEN!!!!!" Kendra screams as he drops to the ground with the knife meant for me in his chest.

She's there in a literal flash cradling his lifeless body.

I don't even understand what happened.

"Kendra I-I.." I stutter. There are no words for what just happened. The knife was so fast that I only saw right before it pierced me. Only, it wasn't me. Aiden came through me... somehow.

Kendra's cries break me, and I'm not the only one. Dante drops to his knees shattered. Beatrix cries heavily and silent, turning away from the sight.

"Yes, how delicious. This was the moment we were waiting for. Plunge into despair!" The demon cackles.

"I- I told him to run. I told him he wasn't ready." Dante manages to choke out through tears. "Cora... Michelle...he's-he's gone." He finishes slamming his head on the ground while clutching his chest.

"You said you wouldn't leave until I told you to, right?! Well, I didn't tell you to leave!" She pulls the knife out of his chest.

"Come back to me, I love you! A demon can't kill you! You're okay, right? You can come back to me now, okay?" Come back to me!"
She orders Aiden, but his body remains limp.

"How does it feel Dante? You're inheritor, The King is dead!"

The demon says, still laughing.

Dante slams his fist into the ground and yells in frustration.

"Desire brings death to all. You two should have listened. Even the combined might of the Twin Flames can't overcome Desire."

Kendra releases Aiden gently. "Oh? Is that it? Desire killed him?" The venom in her voice cuts through the tears of everyone.

"Then I Desire...your skull crushed beneath my feet." Her tears turn to blood, and lightning of the same color crackles around her. Her eyes and symbols turn completely red except for her crosses.

"Was this it? Is this what he was killed with? I can feel it." She exhales an unsettling moan. "The Desire that gives strength. The King may be dead, but the Queen lives. The Queen Of The Damned shall have you kneel while you are torn to pieces."

"Kendra..." I start.

She shoots me a hateful glance. "Wait your turn trash."

She sounds just like they do now. Her voice and threat make me shudder, and I know she means it.

She stands slowly, still crying tears of blood. Her cloak grows to hide her face until all that's visible is the glow from her blood red, silver, and gold eyes.

"Oh, you think you're a demon now? While surprising, you have no idea how to weild that power. But by all means, rush towards death. We only need you barely alive for experimentation." The demon snickers.

Kendra giggles and materializes a black scythe with a crimson blade. She looks into the sky.

"My love, I will kill them all. If you can't be in this world, then there will be NO world." She snarls.

"This is my Desire. You are sentenced to the death you crave for killing him. I will escort you to it - no, I will drive you to it." She points the scythe at the demon. "Let this be my Death Drive."