Queen Of The Damned

The Nine Hells are unofficially Aiden's to command now, though the atmosphere in the base has changed. It seems everyone is anxious to know what Aiden's first move will be.

He hasn't claimed the top spot in ceremony or name, but everyone knows he's stronger than Dante now. The language here is strength.

I guess that's the reason people have seemed iffy about me. I didn't participate in the "meeting" between Dante and Aiden yesterday, so they don't know my strength.

After the fight, Dante got updated on everything the three of us had gone through by Beatrix. We also got our rooms, and Dante informed Aiden on everything he'd missed since his departure.

I've just been relaxing since we've been year. It's been far too long since I've been able to. All of the events of my life have left me exhausted. I'm grateful to finally get rest.

I've even picked up watching the sunset on the roof. There's no better time to reflect and process. However, it seems I may have to move spots since Dante is approaching.

"I haven't gotten any time with you." He says, standing a few feet away as he lights a cigarette.

"Can I have one?" I ask unashamed.

"Sure, I'm surprised." He lights my cigarette and hands it over.

"There's something about cigarettes and sunsets." I say after an exhale.

"Truth. Who are you? What does the Alpha Flame mean to you?"

"You don't waste time at all. Kendra, and I'm not completely sure yet. I used to think it was death and destruction, but lately, I've been thinking it's life and creation. But more important than any of that..." I take a drag of the cigarette.

"I think that it's beautiful." I smile remembering Aiden's words.

"What are your intentions with my son?"

"Interesting that you think that would work on me, or even that you would try. I love Aiden. In a way, that I've discovered the past two days is deeper than I even know. He is truly special to me. "

"Truly special, but you don't jump into battle with him?" Dante says dissaprovingly.

"Beatrix stopped me. It seemed important that I not interfere."

"That may or may not have been the right decision for that moment. But it sure would have helped morale if the Alpha Flame had been displayed, too."

"I am not for display." I retort.

Dante flinches. "I think if you really loved my son, you would have jumped in anyway. Beatrix can't stop you."

"There was no way that Aiden would lose. I wasn't jumping in because he needed help. I was jumping in case his estranged father was greeting his son with a beating.

He's been through enough. That's the last thing he needs, and if I hadn't gotten a sense that it wasn't out of the ordinary, I would have taken you down before you even touched him."

"Oh? Do you think you can? Beatrix told me of the appearance of Death Scythe, as well as who won the fight between you two. I am far stronger than Beatrix." Dante smirks.

"If she told you that, then she also mentioned how I saved her life by reaching Aiden." I smile sweetly.

Dante takes a drag.

"Yes, well, I also know things about you that my son doesn't. I know things about your history that will inevitably haunt him in the near future, and the entire revolution will need to witness him. Both on and off the battlefield."