Twin Flames

I hadn't even noticed the tears falling from my eyes. Now that I'm in her embrace again I feel something inside me bending. I won't stop it this time. I hold her tightly as possible until she longer feels separate, and I let it break.

The Omega Flame rushes out of me uninhibited, scorching the sand of the desert. There's no one around to hear my cries or witness my tears. No one except her. The only one not burned by my fire.

She's shorter than me by a few inches but somehow she holds me tighter than I hold her. She's here.

I open my eyes to make sure my dream hasn't changed. To make sure this is real. Is she really here, the one I've been waiting for? I can barely see between the ocean of tears pouring out of me but her touch is real. Her presence is real. Kendra is real.

"It's okay to let it out." She says barely audible and I realize she's talking to herself just as much as me. She's also crying, her black flames meeting my white in this union of lost souls. Our flames are mixing and melding reflecting our embrace, white and black lightning clashing in the air until a rainbow of colors starts to appear.

We are breaking together and forming something new. We stand in this fiery, electric embrace for what seems like hours until our wells run dry.

"I feel like all the pain and suffering I've been through flowed out of me." She says in a coarse voice while loosening her hold and letting me go.

"It did...along with mine. I felt you, I heard you. Did you open your eyes?"

"I couldn't, I've needed that for so long." She shakes her head as she sits down.

I join her, "There is one more thing about our flames. The Alpha Flame and the Omega Flame. When they mix they form the Divine Flame Of Creation. That's why they want us dead. We have the power to destroy the world, to recreate the world, to change everything."

Her face hardens. "What do you want to do with that power? Do you want to play God? Is it me you love or is it my Flame?" She asks pointedly.

"Honestly, I don't trust myself with that power. Since I've been dreaming of you my goal was never to use the Divine Flame. My goal was to give it to you. I know we just met but I trust you more than me. You are life, literally."

Her face softens with her voice, "How is it that you explained all of this to me but you still don't understand yourself?"

"What do you mean? It's because I understand myself that I don't want wield that power."

She laughs softly, "It's the flame of creation, God's Flame. That means you're life too. Neither of us is death. We both have this power to bring life and light."

I stare at her speechless while she looks at me with the biggest smile I've seen on her.

"Don't you see what's happening to the desert?"

I reluctantly take my gaze off her to see the desert around us.

"Is that...grass?!" I stand up quickly. "It's...it's-"

"Life." She finishes. We are life."

"I see. I finally see." I say with tears welling up in my eyes again.

"With that being said I want you to know..." she hesitates.

"Anything." I interject.

She looks at me for a minute before looking away and beginning to speak.

"There is someone else I love. Someone that I left, but I love him all the same and intend to go back to him."

"Well..." I laugh. "That's poetic justice, I could never be there completely for another woman, so it's only fitting that there's someone else for you. Karma am I right?"

"Don't you DARE do that!" She snaps quickly.

"Do what? I don't get it." I laugh awkwardly.

"Don't tell me to embrace my emotions if you aren't going to do it." She says angrily.

I look down. "I don't know what else to say."

"Try listening for once." She rolls her eyes.

"I am, you said-"

"I know what I said. Do you?" She pauses waiting for my answer.

"You said there's someone else that you love. I don-"

"Exactly I said someone else. Because even though I met you today and we've barely spent any time together. I'm completely and undeniably in love with you, in a way I've never experienced."

"But you love him too."

"The way that I love you is different than him, but that doesn't mean I don't love him. One of the reasons I kissed you is because you bring something out of me that no one has ever been able to.

Many have tried, including him and they all failed. I know that you're my destiny without a doubt, but he is my home."

I take a second to process all this and ask the question that's burning through my mind now.

"What's the other reason you kissed me?"

"I hear people's thoughts when they use their flames, but when they aren't they can still lie to me. You know in a different way that the flame reveals all.

The second reason I kissed you is because you're the first person I've ever met who spoke their mind completely. Your words and your thoughts were in perfect sync. They never deviated from each other once.

It wasn't your beautiful flame or your beautiful face that brought this love out of me. It was your honesty and fearlessness. I don't care if you're happy, hurt, angry, sad, or depressed.

I genuinely don't care what emotion you're feeling or thought you're thinking. Just tell me...please. Whether we argue or fight or disagree. I love you and I never want you to hide from me."

She stares into my eyes. I can see and feel her pleading. I can only say one thing to this complimentary flame, my twin flame.

"Always. I've been hiding my entire life so it's something I'll have to get used to. But I promise to always be me, Kendra. I will try and succeed." Our tears begin to flow as we kiss again, no longer separated.