Chapter 5-6

Chapter 5

Yuan Huaijing never liked procrastinating when it came to work. After setting things in motion, he immediately called Fang Mo back into the office, instructing her to arrange his schedule, purchase tickets, and basically take charge. He also included Zhao Yan in the process.

Well, Zhao Yan was also a single dog, and if he had nothing to do on weekends, he would basically be at home playing games, unlike Yuan Huaijing who would go to the gym!

As good buddies, it was inevitable that Yuan Huaijing couldn't just watch Zhao Yan "degenerate" like this, right?

Suddenly being assigned by Yuan Huaijing, Zhao Yan responded, "...Th-thank you, Mr. Yuan."

Listen, why did that sound a bit through gritted teeth?

They had known each other for so many years, and Zhao Yan was well aware that Yuan Huaijing simply couldn't stand seeing him relax. This man was really petty!

But in front of others, Zhao Yan would definitely give him some face. Yuan Huaijing knew this, which was why he made the decision without consulting Zhao Yan first. This was probably what they called "friendship" among guys?

Hearing Yuan Huaijing's thoughts, Fang Mo, who had a rough idea, said, "..."

These past couple of days had completely overturned Yuan Huaijing's image in Fang Mo's mind.

He had gone from being a typical capitalist to a ridiculous and eccentric young man.

She knew very well that one shouldn't judge a person solely based on appearance, and she was aware of the saying "familiarity breeds contempt." But someone as mentally unpredictable as Yuan Huaijing was truly something else.

Apologies, she had been ignorant!

Considering that she had been working with Yuan Huaijing for over three years, not just a day or two, but at least a thousand days! And yet, she had never had a single suspicion, never noticed anything amiss.

It wasn't because she was slow, but rather because Yuan Huaijing's acting skills were just too impressive.

With acting skills like that, he could probably win an award in the entertainment industry, right?

"Mr. Yuan, you have free time on both days this weekend. If we buy the tickets now, would you like me to do that?"

Despite the banter, work still needed to be done.

Fang Mo had originally thought that she might have a weekend off this week, but it seemed like that plan had gone down the drain.

"Change."

Yuan Huaijing remained economical with his words.

[No, I can't. I specifically cleared my schedule this weekend to rank up. I must change.]

[Besides, the weather has been so hot recently. Only fools go out.]

Fang Mo's mouth twitched uncontrollably, and in her mind, she thought, "Who gave you the right to mock your senior?!"

"Well, we'll have to see about the rest of the schedule. I'll try to arrange it as best as I can."

Fang Mo maintained a composed expression, doing her best not to show any signs of discomfort, pretending she hadn't heard anything out of the ordinary.

She had thought about it. Hearing Yuan Huaijing's inner thoughts was a double-edged sword. On the surface, it could help her better understand her boss and potentially lead to quick promotions or getting early access to certain information.