CHAPTER 49

The Queens trumped into the third floor to find the KALE waiting outside in the corridor.

"Why aren't you children in?" Mei asked them.

"The doctor shooed us out, saying no one is allowed," Eric answered, his hand casually hanging around Adelaide's shoulders.

Elora looked at him pointedly and cleared her throat loudly after seeing the others glance at each other.

Eric finally noticed her and said, "Oh. Ummm. I proposed".

All hell broke loose - Elena was screaming at him for not making it romantic, the other Queens were squealing like young girls, swooning over the large ring on Adelaide's finger, and Lucian was dancing an impromptu tango with a flustered Queen Dhiya.

But Eric and Adelaide only had eyes for Elora.

Everyone noticed that too, and stopped their loud speaking, and stared from Adelaide to Elora.

"Your father would be disappointed in you," she said, and she saw Eric and Adelaide's downcast faces. "For not making it romantic, you idiot! I mean, what on earth were you thinking?!".

"Now that's the Elora we know. Practical jokes, cough cough," Elena said, and Elora shot her a covert glare.

"Eric Montgomery Schreave. You are a disappointment. And absolute disappointment," she said, handing the plate of food to Annika (who she knew wouldn't attempt to taste it), and began hitting her son in all places she could hit.

"Mother!" he said, trying to shield himself.

"Are. You. Your. Father's. Son?" Elora asked, smacking her son after each word.

Kate snorted. "Isn't that what we'd like to know".

"Katherine!" Lucian said, angrily, dragging her away.

Elora continued like she hadn't heard her and said, "No romantic bone in your body. You idiot. This is a moment most girls dream about! And you proposed to her after your sister got shot?".

"So you approve?" he asked.

"Of course I did, you idiot. I got the damn bill from the jeweller! I would've stopped you if I didn't approve!" she said. "And don't get me started in you not telling me before. Idiot. Stupid, horrendously dimwitted fool".

"You knew the proposal plan!" Eric protested.

"But not that... uggh you know what? You're useless," she said, focusing her attention on Adelaide, who met her gaze bravely.

"Wha-?" Eric began, but she stopped him.

"Adelaide Summers," Elora said.

Adelaide stared at her with wide eyes.

"Welcome to the family!" she said, surprising the girl with a hug.

Seriously, why were people so surprised whenever she hugged them?

"I trust you won't hurt Eric or Ella," she whispered into her dark brown hair.

"I won't," she promised.

"Then we'll get along famously," Elora said, pulling away from her, and smiling genuinely. "Show me the ring".

Adelaide stretched her hand out.

"Well, at least he has good taste in women and jewelry, if not right timings," Elora said wryly.

"Oh the press is going to have a field day - Princess Ella, savior of four Queens blessed her brother's engagement to her Lady-in-Waiting, famous actor, Adelaide Summers on her deathbed," Elena said, mimicking Grigori spectacularly.