CHAPTER 30

"It looks different," Aurora said, looking at the sleek cream colored walls.

There was a violin hanging from the rack, as well as an empty easel with a box of paints near it. It looked more modern, more suitable for a teenage girl than before.

It almost made her forgive Elora for how mean she had  been.

Almost.

"How was it before?" Adelaide asked curiously.

"Sad," Aurora said, staring at the room, not willing to divulge more.

Years worth of her father's paintings had been painted over - perhaps just a few hours ago, since she could still smell the paint.

"Come on," she said, pulling Adelaide into one of the adjoining rooms which Eric had told her was filled with dresses.

Adelaide gasped, and Aurora had a very similar reaction too.

All the clothes her mother had bought for eighteen years had been removed, just leaving a whole bunch of gowns and dresses and tunics meant to fit her now.

There was much more than what she had seen when she had come last time - she could still see the price tags on many of the clothes.

They were all in styles that she loved - not too frilly or too gaudy. 

Elegant, yet simple.

Elora had outdone herself.

"It says it needs your thumb print for this," Adelaide said, calling her to the opposite side, where  a translucent glass shelf covered the wall.

Aurora curiously went over, and placed her thumb on the glass and it slid open.

"Pinch me," Adelaide said.

Aurora looked at her questioningly.

"I think I'm in heaven," she said dreamily.

Aurora was shocked too - there were necklaces, bracelets, rings, tiaras, circlets, all of different shapes and sizes and embedded with different jewels.

It must have costed a fortune.

Adelaide wolf whistled.

"Seeing the look on your face, I'm guessing you didn't expect these as well. Then why did you bring me here?" she asked.

"I saw this amazing dress when I last came here. Just a peek, but it looked really nice," Aurora said, walking back to the rack that held the dresses.

She rummaged through it, before Adelaide asked, "What color was it? It'll be easier for you to find".

"I don't know... I saw it in really minimal lighting. I think whitish? Maybe a grey? Not really sure," she said, eyes still on the dresses.

"I think I may steal a few of your gowns, Rora," Adelaide said.

"Feel free," Aurora said. "There are so many of these, that I'm pretty sure I won't use most of them in this lifetime".

"Is it this?" Adelaide asked after a long while, pulling a white dress out of the rack.

"Yes!" Aurora gasped.

It was beautiful, with ruffles spiraling around her, with tiny dark pink flowers embroidered on them. It had no sleeves and had a sweetheart neckline. It seemed even more appealing to Aurora, simply because it wasn't bulky.

"It's perfect," Adelaide said, holding it out and surveying it. "I thought you didn't like ruffles?".

"I don't," Aurora admitted. "But this looks perfect".