CHAPTER 46

"You collected all this information in a few hours?" Annika asked, going through each of the screens slowly.

Aurora nodded. "I had talked to Queen Mei that day, and she had told that everything was connected in someway. That nothing was a coincidence. So I got to digging a bit deeper on every major event I could remember of, and found a lot of evidences that the Illuminati was behind it".

"Impressive," Queen Laura said, looking at the documents floating near her.

"I may have missed something, I'm sure, so please don't think wrongly of me if you find a couple of mistakes in there. These are just a couple of my ideas," Aurora said anxiously, her fear of being disliked by the Queens returning once again.

"Darling. I hope you understand, you're like family to all of us," Elizabeth said in her strong accent.

"The bonds we have with your mother is stronger than that of just friendship," Vienna said.

"Think of us as your Aunts. Just like Elena. We may have different personalities but we all care about you just the same amount as your family," Laura said.

"There's no need to be afraid of us, Aurora. We're all on the same side over here, and I doubt we could dislike you even if we tried," Annika said.

"Thank you," Aurora said in a small voice, and she saw Elora look at the others gratefully.

"Um... Just to add on to something Laura said. I'm a tad bit too young to be your Aunt, so I'll settle to be your cousin, okay?" Dhiya said, and they all laughed heartily.

"What is it you wanted to show us, Aurora?" Mei asked, redirecting them to the main subject once again.

"I wanted to ask you all something," Aurora said, enlarging a single screen in particular - the Illuminati's symbol. "Have you seen this anywhere?".

"It was a once commonly used symbol in my Kingdom," Annika said. 

"No, I've seen it. Like in close quarters. On someone in the palace," Aurora said, frustrated. "I just don't know whom".

Elizabeth gasped. "That practically means that you have seen an Illuminati member".

"It could be anyone, a guard, a servant, a cook, a maid," Elena listed off.

"Not helping," Elora said.

"Do you recall when you saw it?" Mei asked.

"Before I got to know about the Illuminati," she said. "It looked familiar to me when Queen Elora showed it to us when she told us about the group".

"This is bad," Laura said.

No one denied it.

"What's bad?" Lucian asked, walking in with Kate, Eric, and the twins by his side.

"Nothing," Vienna said, smoothly, dismissing all the screens quickly.

"What were those?" Eric asked.

"You don't want to know," Elena said. "We just had a major faux pas related to the floral decorations. We had to cancel the original ones and buy mistletoe and holly from another supplier".

Why were they all lying?

Aurora looked at Adelaide, who looked just as confused as she was.

"There were a lot of documents," Kate said, suspiciously.

"We were just seeing the worth of all the gifts Aurora gave us," Laura said, waving her hand, and new documents and pictures came in place of the previous ones.