CHAPTER 10

Aurora didn't step out of her chambers for anything but lessons from the day Queen Elora insulted her.

Neither did Kate.

They couldn't stand sitting across from her and laughing and smiling without her cruel words echoing in their minds.

It had only been a few days since the incident, and Kate and she had already started a new tradition - meals were eaten in their undone bed with their maids and mentors.

One such day, they were watching the latest movie on vampires and werewolves, when they heard a knock on their door.

"Who's there?" Kate called out.

"Adelaide. Adelaide Summers," the voice said loudly. "You know, your arch enemy".

Aurora sighed and tumbled out of bed, and saw Adelaide waiting at the door, her hands crossed against her chest. She promptly walked in without any qualms and stared at what they were seeing and smirked.

"What?" Kate demanded.

"You're watching my movie," she said.

"WHAT?".

"Add a black wig, fake canines and quite a bit of prosthetics, and voila, you get what you see on the screen," Adelaide said, plopping onto the bed besides a nervous Grace.

Aurora stared at the screen, and then at Adelaide.

What she said actually made sense.

"I hate to admit it, Adelaide," Kate began with a pained expression. "But you actually act well".

Adelaide mock gasped. "What, me? And was that a compliment from the Katherine Harris? I feel like I've won an Oscar!".

"Yeah yeah," Kate said, waving her hand, though she had a small smile on her face.

"Why are you here, Adelaide?" Aurora asked, ruining the friendly moment.

"We'll come to that later. But what on earth are the two of you doing like this? We haven't seen you in days!" she exclaimed. "You mad at the Queen, fine, I totally hear you sister, but I mean come on. I miss making you guys mad".

"You WHAT?".

"Yeah, don't feel too flattered. And what on earth are those outfits?" Adelaide asked, eyeing their identical unicorn onesies.

"We have no events today, Adelaide. No incentive to dress up," Kate answered.

"Well you don't," Adelaide began slowly, taking some popcorn out of the overflowing paper bucket placed on the bed. 

"Meaning?".

Adelaide sighed and looked at Aurora. "The Prince wants to take you out on a date".

Aurora stared at her with wide eyes.

The day had come.

She heard all the other women in the room squeal and saw Andrea trumping in with an outfit in her hands.

She threw it at Aurora, and pushed her into the bathroom.

Aurora could faintly hear Adelaide asking what they were doing watching movies and making light conversation with the others as she sat on the closed toilet seat, the dress clutched in her arms.

It was a short black dress with long sleeves. Aurora didn't want to wear it - her bruises would still be evident, but saw a pair of nude stockings nestled within it. She wore them quickly and walked out.

Kate squealed as she saw her, and began listing out instructions similar to Andrea. "Dark eyeshadow. Small curls on her face. Dark red lipstick".

"I see the Queen's choice fits you well, Aurora," Andrea said, looking at her approvingly.