our song is on TV! pt.2

HAYLEY'S POV

Alright. Today's the day. I'm going to ask Y/N on a date. I can't wait. I'm going to ask out
Y/N! I just need to wait for the perfect moment. I really hope she says yes. If she does, maybe i'll even kiss her.

My thoughts then gets interrupted by Y/N and my attention is immediately turned to her.
"We should do something to celebrate."
"Yes!" We say collectively.
"Like what?" Taylor says.
"Let's go to a theme park?" Zac yells excitedly. Everyone who knows Zac knows he is obsessed with theme parks. Where else would he suggest we go to celebrate?

Y/N'S POV

We have finally arrived at the theme park after an hour journey. An hour of sitting next to Hayley. An hour of butterflies in my stomach everytime our hands almost touch. An hour of staring at her beautiful face out of the corner of my eye and feeling my cheeks heat up.

We all get out the car and take a look at the theme park. It's huge. I glare up at the nearest rollercoaster and I immediately begin to sprint over to it, the others following.

The queue for the ride is massive, and it takes us a little over an hour for us to finally be able to get on the ride.

HAYLEY'S POV

I'm a little nervous about the rollercoaster but I try my best to hide it. We are finally at the front of the queue and it is our turn to get on. From what I saw the rollercoaster had 3 loops and 1 big drop. Not too bad, right?

We are on the ride and I'm next to Y/N which gives me comfort. Taylor and Zac are next to eachother behind us. The ride suddenly jolts forward and everyone yells in excitement.

The first loop. It wasnt that bad. Only two more to go, and one drop. I hate drops. I hate the feeling it gives me in my stomach. The second loop. I'm starting to get more and more anxious the closer and closer we get to the drop. The third and final loop. It's almost the drop. My hands begin to uncontrollably shake and my whole body tenses.

Before I know it, I am gripping tightly onto
Y/N's hand and screaming the whole way down. My stomach drops at the same time as the ride, and for a moment I think I might throw up, but luckily I dont. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself like that infront of Y/N, or anyone.

Y/N'S POV

"That was sick!" I yell, trying to ignore the fact that Hayley had held my hand. It kind of hurt how tight she was holding it, but I didn't mind. I know she didn't mean to hurt me. She was just scared, and I have to admit, so was I.

Next up is the ferris wheel, my favourite. It was slightly smaller than the rollercoaster, but it was still huge. The queue wasn't as big for the ferris wheel as it was for the rollercoaster. It was only a half an hour wait. We passed the time by listening to Zac telling us stupid dad jokes that weren't funny but still made us laugh, because it was Zac telling us them.

We are finally on the ferris wheel and it starts steadily going up. We are all silent, looking out at the view, and listening to the faint music under the noise of people shouting.

I reach to put my hand on the pole, but someone elses is already there, and I can instantly tell who's it is. Hayley's.

HAYLEY'S POV

I feel someones soft hand gently rest on top of mine, but immediately remove it. I look up and see Y/N staring at me with pink cheeks.
"Sorry." She says softly.
"It's alright." I smile, resisting the urge to tell her to put her hand back. I can feel a blush creeping up my cheeks.

For the rest of the ride, we avoid eye contanct and carry on staring out the window at all the people looking like ants. Why do we keep accidentally holding hands? And why do we always get so embarrassed? It's such a regular occurrence you'd think we'd be used to it by now, but we aren't. We still get embarrassed every single time, and I have no idea why.

The ride is finally over and we head over to another rollercoaster, not even half as big as the first one. I sit next to Taylor this time, so me and Y/N don't accidentally hold hands again. Not that I don't want to hold her hand, it's just i'd get so embarassed i'd start stuttering like crazy and my whole face would go brighr red. Somehow i've managed to avoid it the many other times we've accidentally held hands, but I can't risk it.

Y/N'S POV

We are finally home, and it's 8pm. We decide to order food since it's so late and no one can be bothered to cook. We choose KFC since we all love it. Im starving. I haven't ate since lunch at 1:30pm.

We decide to get a movie ready for when the KFC comes. We all collectively choose 'Insidious' and we decide to have a movie marathon, if we can all stay awake, that is.

905 words