park

HAYLEY'S POV

We are all sitting in the living room watching a horror movie before we go to sleep. Taylor chose 'The Conjuring'. We are all huddled on the sofa under one blanket, and i'm sitting on the end next to Zac. I can see Y/N out the corner of my eye on the other side of Zac and i'm finding it hard to concentrate on the movie. She looks so perfect and peaceful. I love her.

As a friend, obviously.

The movie is finally over at 1am but none of us are tired yet, so I decide to suggest going out somewhere.
"We should go out somewhere, like the park or something."
"Yes, that's a great idea!" Y/N replies with her soft voice.
"Alright!" Taylor and Zac say in sync.

Y/N'S POV

We decide to go to the park nearest our hotel as it's only a few minute walk. We are walking on the road since their aren't any cars driving at this time.

Hayley is peacefully skipping along the road and I cant stop myself from looking at her. Why can't she look back at me. I want her to look at me. She's so lovely. I love her.

As a friend, obviously.

"Car!" Taylor shouts as everyone starts to walk back onto the pavement. I feel someone grab my wrist and gently pull me onto the pavement. I look up to see who it is and it's Hayley. My cheeks go bright pink. Once we are on the pavement she releases my arm. Why couldn't she keep her delicate hand around my wrist? Why did she have to let go? Why couldn't she hold onto me forever?

THIRD PERSON

The band finally arrive at the park. It's small, but they would find a way to make it fun. Y/N and Zac were already rushing to the monkey bars, Taylor was running to the swing, and Hayley was skipping to the slide. There was no one else there, just them thankfully.

Zac was actually using the monkey bars properly while Y/N was climbing on top of them, being careful not to step on Zac's fingers.

Taylor was sitting on the swing and rocking back and forth. He was completely zoned out, as always.

Hayley was still skipping to the slide as it was the furthest away but as she got to it she immediately climbed up. She looked down at everything because of how high up it was and swiftly slid down the slide.

HAYLEY'S POV

I rushed to the slide, hoping Y/N would follow, but she went straight to the monkey bars with Zac. She climbed on top of them so effortlessly and sat there with her legs hanging down. She was watching Zac struggle at the monkey bars while laughing. I want her to look at me, but she won't take her eyes off Zac. I try and think of a way to get her over here while sliding down the slide multiple times.

"Hey guys, look at the view of the moon from up here!" I yell.
They all run over here as i point to the moon.
"Wow, it's a full moon tonight" Taylor says.
"Awooooo!." Zac shouts, mimicking a werewolf.
We all start to laugh until Y/N says something.
"It's beautiful." Y/N whispers while standing right next to me, our arms almost touching.
"It really is." I say, looking at her, wishing she would look back at me.

Y/N'S POV

I can feel Hayley's eyes turn towards me as I speak. I excpect her to look back at the moon, but she doesn't. She keeps her gaze on me. I slowly turn my head to look at her. We stare deeply into eachothers eyes, forgetting that Zac and Taylor are even there. We are like this for a few moments and for a second I think we might kiss, before Zac rudely interrupts us.

"Alright lovebirds, i'm getting tired, lets go back to the hotel." Zac says, making Taylor laugh hysterically.
"What are you talking about?" I say. Hayley stays silent.
"Come on, have you seen the way you guys look at eachother?" Taylor says.
My face slowly starts heating up. Why would they think that? I don't even like her like that. I wouldn't have minded if we actually did kiss a few seconds ago, but that doesn't mean i'm in love with her, does it?

HAYLEY'S POV

I can't belive they just said that. Was it really that obvious that I liked her? But I don't. At least I dont think I do. I'm not sure how i feel anymore. I think i might really truly love her, not just as a friend. More than that.

794 words