our song is on TV! pt.1

Y/N'S POV

I cant sleep. All i can think about is what happened at the park. Could there be a chance that I like Hayley? Could there be a chance that she likes me back? Should I tell her that I like her, or will she hate me? She'd probably hate me. No. Hayley wouldn't hate anyone. Especially her friend.

HAYLEY'S POV

I can't sleep. I can't believe I almost kissed her. What was I doing? I know I shouldn't think this, but part of me wished I did kiss her. Would she want me to kiss her? Probably not. I should tell her how I feel. I might even ask her out on a date. What if she says no? What will happen to the band? I don't want to be the reason for the band falling apart. I would never forgive myself.

But I can't help myself, she's so perfect. How could I not be in love with her? She's beautiful, she's funny, she's kind, she has a great personality. What more could I ask for?

I'll just keep my feelings to myself for now. I don't want the band to fall apart because of me.

Y/N'S POV

The sun is blinding me as it shines through my curtains and I realise that I had fallen asleep. I check the time on my phone. It's already 10am. I stand up and head to the kitchen as I can hear that everyone else is awake.

I grab two pieces of toast and place them in the toaster. Once they're done, I put them on a plate. Then I take the butter out of the fridge and spread it over the toast. I take it into the living room and sit down next to Hayley, who is eating cereal. Taylor and Zac are also eating toast.

I turn the TV on and put on the music channel and I see our song 'Emergency' playing. Everyone looks up at the TV and smiles.
"Our song is on TV!!" Zac shouts.
The rest of us just stare at the TV speechless, our jaws dropped right to the floor.

HAYLEY'S POV

I can't belive our song is on TV! I instinctively hug Y/N but pull away immediately after realising what I had just done.
"Sorry." I mutter, avoiding eye contact.
"It's fine" She smiles at me and I can't help myself from blushing. I want to hug Y/N again but I don't. I wouldn't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

I turn my attention back to the TV and try to forget what just happened. We spent so long working on the music video for 'Emergency', and our hard work has payed off. I'm so happy I could cry, but I try my best to keep in my tears. I feel one slip down my cheek, but wipe it away immediately before anyone can see.

All of us are speechless apart from Zac who is repeatedly muttering 'Oh my god' and 'We're on TV!'

Y/N'S POV

Hayley hugged me. She hugged me! Why did she have to let go so quickly? I wish she would hug me and never let go, but I can't tell her that.

I focus back on the TV, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach as always. I was planning on telling Hayley how i feel today, but I dont want to ruin this day for her. I would never forgive myself.

578 words