Jealousy can really hurt a person (10)

Liya POV:

I put the groceries away and waited for Maria to return. It had been 10 minutes and she still wasn't back yet. Maybe something bad happened to her? What if she ran away again?

No, I don't think she would now, there's no reason anymore to run away.

After another 5 minutes someone knocked on the door. Good, she's finally here.

I opened the door and saw Maria with some guy in a red hoodie and black pants. I looked at Maria and she said she'll explain once there inside. 

"Okay so this is My Best Friend, Noah! I met him like a year ago after I ran away for 2 weeks and I hid at his house." Maria said, her smile was huge. "Yea." Noah said, he looked so, nonchalant. Like he didn't care if he was here or not. 

"Well nice to meet you Noah, I'm Maria's Fiancee." I said, I made sure that he knew that if he tried anything. "You didn't tell me your gay?" Noah looked at Maria. "Oh uh yea. It's Lesbian, but I'm just doing this so I can be queen with my other best friend!." Maria said, "Cool." Noah said, He was really -as Maria likes to call- boring. How could someone like Maria be friends with someone like, him.

"So do you wanna hang here?" Maria asked, please say no, please say no. "Sure, I have nothing better to do.." He said, 

We went up into Maria's room and played cards. I won of course, but after a few games I got bored. "Hey Maria, I'm going to walk around a bit, to clear my mind. Please don't leave this room." I said, She nodded not even looking at me. "Bye Liya."  Not calling me honey anymore. 

I walked out of the room and walked to the kitchen, where Marcus was cooking.

I sat in front of him and just stared. He looked at me for a second then averted his eyes back to cooking. "I'm sorry Marcus.." I said, and I put my head down on the table. "It's alright, I did like her but after the princes' came I knew she wasn't mine." He said. I almost started crying, think of how hurt he was or used to be and now focusing on how Maria could easily break up with me for this guy. "I found someone else though." Marcus said, "Really..?" I slightly lifted my head from my arms. "Yeah, he's super nice and he asked me on a date!" Marcus said, giggling and spinning around. "That's amazing. I'm super happy for you.." I said, "Yeah, his name is Prince, Harper Finlind."  "Really? Wow we just met him almost a week ago." I replied. "Yea, after the visit he told me that Maria 'proposed' to you to get out of marrying anyone else. I was sad at the time but he cheered me up and we got to know each other a bit, and now he asked me on a date!" He said, I giggled and I was very happy for him. I'm glad he found someone else.

"SO, I have a question." He said, "Yeaaaa?" I said, I wonder what he was going to ask me. Please, nothing about Maria right now, I'm kinda not in the mood.

"What happens if you or Maria start liking someone? Do you leave each other for that person? Or what?" He asked. Great just great, might as well give away that I like Maria. 
   "Uh, I actually don't know, I don't think that I will leave her though." I said, "But what if you start liking someone right now?" He said, at this point he stopped cooking and was just staring at me. "Well I actually do like someone right now." I said, my face was really hot at this point.

Marcus stared at me in shock. "Really!?" He said, he slammed his hands on the table. He was really excited to know. "Yea..." I said, 

(M-Marcus   A-Aaliyiah)

M- "Okay, who? Is it Felix?" 

A- "What, no! You're off." 

M- "Okay...Max?"

A- "Why just guys?"

M- "YOU LIKE GIRLS!?!?"

A- "Why is that such a surprise!?"

M- "Okay, Okay ... Ivy?" 

A- "No"

M- "Katara??" 

A- "You're bad at guessing."

M- "mmmmm I can't think of any other girls here unless?"

Marcus stared straight into my eyes with his mouth open. He moved from the counter and walked over to me. 

"Bro, you like- her?" He said, and I blushed from his reaction to that. "BE FOR REAL. You like-like her?" He said, and I nodded my head. 

"Bro, how? When did you start liking her?" Marcus shook me over and over. He was really impatient. "I actually liked her when I first met her like 4 years ago.. but I just realized it when she asked me to marry her." I said, and I covered my face with my hands. "Aw, you got what you wanted." He said, "Not really..."  "And why is that?" He said,

"She thinks I'm doing this for her so she can be queen, but really I just really want to marry her. She doesn't understand that my feelings for her are real.." I replied, Marcus looked at me and gave me a hug. "It's okay cousin, look maybe you should talk to her about this? Maybe she feels the same way??" He said, "I doubt that, she's never truly like anyone, even before what happened. And plus, she's upstairs right now with her "best friend." I said, "Just talk to her dude, maybe it will make you feel better," 

"yea, I guess so."

907 words.