Bonding Moments: #2: (9)

Out of POV:

"Honey." Maria said, shaking Liya,

 "Honey!" 

 "What..??" 

"You slept over!"

"..."   "WHAT!"

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" Liya said, jumping out of bed and looking for a change of clothes. "I woke up like 2 minutes ago." Maria replied, Liya went into the bathroom and came out 5 minutes later.

"Come on Honey, let's go, we have to meet with my mom and my mom's mom today." Maria said, "Okay hold up," Liya grabbed her shoes and put them on, then grabbed Maria's hand and started walking to the village. 

"Are you comfortable holding my hand?" Liya asked, Maria nodded and they kept walking until they got to the certain red roofed house.

"This is where my grandma lives, and my mom should be with her today." Maria said, "Cm'on. And just a heads up, they're going to treat you very very nicely, so if you act out of place just a bit, they will take it as offense."  "..Alright.." Liya knocked on the door and a voice from inside said to open the door.

They went inside and sat in the living room. 

The little old lady came into the living room with a kinda sad expression on her face but exploded with happiness to see Maria.

"Mari darling! I'm so happy you visit." She says, "Yeah, and with permission this time." Maria laughed, "Oh? And who is this young lady?" She says and she holds up her hands so she feels her hands. Liya put her hand with Grandma Lewis. "Oh, uhm.. Grandma?"

  "Yes Mari?"  

"She's my fiancée." Maria said, and her grandmother paused for a second. "You are engaged? It's only been a week since I last saw you." Her grandma said, "Yeah I know, but you know my dad, i'm his first child so everything comes first." Maria said, "I'm happy for you dear, and welcome to the family-?"  "Aaliyiah Williams."   "Aaliyiah, such a pretty name." She said, "Sit sit, your mother is still resting in my room. i will get her." And She walked to her room.

"Aw, she calls you Mari!" Liya said, facing Maria on the couch. "Yea, whatever -honey- now after this we have to get groceries from the market because the messenger is out sick today." Maria said, "Wow, look at you, being all mature and productive. You may not even need me to become queen. Has me getting married to you, getting to your head finally?" Liya said, "No, I still need you, a few cool statements I say isn't going to change my father's perspective of me." Maria says, "Plus, I want to marry you, y'know why?"  

"And why's that?" Liya said, "Because." Maria said, "Because what Mari?~" Liya laughed, "I love you." Maria said, And Liya went completely silent and red as an apple. Maria laughed and Liya sat upset at how she reacted to her saying that. 

Maria continued laughing until her grandmother came back with her mother. "Daughter, oh how good it is to see you." her mother said, getting ready to give her a hug. "Good to see you too mom, how are you?" Maria asked, "I'm fine, I should be asking about you, I heard you had a special someone here?" Her mother asked, smiling. "Haha, yeah." Maria rubbed the back of her neck. "Come here dear." Maria's mother said, and Liya walked up to her. Maria's mom cupped Liya's face and kissed her forehead. "Please take care of my daughter," She said, and let Liya go. Liya bowed to them and promised to keep Maria safe.

Maria was just sitting, keeping her laughter to herself. 
   After that, Maria and Aaliyiah went to the shop in the market.

"So what do we need?" Liya asked, Maria pulled a piece of paper out. "We need fruits, toothbrushes, and sweets." Maria said, "Sweets?" Liya questioned.

"I like them okay?"  

"Oh so you have like some kinda, sweet tooth?" 

 "Guess you can say that."

Liya giggled and they started walking through the market getting everything they needed.
"Okay that's the last of it." Maria said, "I can't believe you got a discount for being the princess." Liya laughed, Maria shrugged her shoulders and Liya picked all the grocery bags up.

They started walking towards the front door, "Are you sure you don't need me to carry nothing? I can." Maria asked, insisting that she carries at least one thing. "No, it's fine, but if you really don't mind, can you grab my bag? I think I left it at your grandma's house." Liya asked. Maria nodded and went to get the bag.

She got to her grandmother's house and got Liya's bag. Then she started walking back.As she was walking back, she bumped into someone.

"Oh sorry dude." Maria said, the person turned around and Maria started silently screaming for joy. "OMG" Maria said, "OMG" The dude also said, and they gave each other a hug. 

Maria knew this person, and this person knew her. The dude's name is Noah and he's 'Maria's best friend'."

"You have to come to the castle with me Noah." Maria said, "Sure." 

841 words