The Wedding Plan: (8)

Maria's POV:

After the princes' left and Harper said goodbye, even though he was coming back next week, Liya and I walked with my father to the planner room.

"I never would have guessed my daughter is into women." He said, I gave him the slightest smile because I didn't want to lie and say yes. I don't like girls actually, but I never really liked anyone before. I just picked Liya because she's my best friend and I thought she would understand. And she does. I want to be queen, no matter what it takes. So i'll be free, people will ask me for help and I get to run everything. And it's even better now that I get to run with my 'Best Friend'.

I looked at Liya while me and my father were talking and she was completely silent. I mean that's not unusual for her but she hasn't said a single word since she agreed. Maybe she was regretting it? I don't know, but I hope she starts talking, only talking to my dad about girls is weird..

We made it to the planning room and decided to plan out the wedding.

"So, are we doing a wedding or like signing papers and after party wedding?" I said, "Uh whatever is good for you is good for me." Liya said, "I want you two to have a beautiful wedding! Huge cake! lots of people! Photos!" The king said, me and Liya both looked at each other and turned back to my dad. "Your my only child, and my only child is about to get married.." And he started fake crying. I rolled my eyes and wrote down what he said on the paper. I was writing everything my father said because honestly, I didn't think this far into it. Maybe this was a bad idea. But there's no going back now. As I was writing, Liya tapped me on my shoulder. I turned my head to her and she turned away. She then got closer to me and whispered in my ear. "At weddings don't the bride and "groom" kiss?" She said, 

My face froze, I totally forgot about that. "Uh dad," I said, "Yes? Do you have any suggestions?" He said, "No just a question, uh do me and Liya HAVE to kiss at the wedding?"   "Uh yea, you don'y mind right, since you both like each other? Why have a wedding if you're not going to." He started to chuckle. Liya started to blush and she looked at me. "Do you mind? It's okay if you do." I said, she shook her head no, "It's fine, not like it's my first time." She said, 
   It wasn't? She kissed people before, on the lips??? That's crazy.

We sat there for about 30 minutes for my dad to decide what the theme of the wedding was. The theme was green, since that's my favorite color. And also white because Liya likes that color.

I can't believe this is happening. Its so weird to say,
   I'm getting married, to my best friend. Crazy.
It's only been 5 days since we met but I guess longer because my dad asked me if I remembered her. Maybe we were already good friends I just have the worst memory in existence.

I could tell Liya was getting tired of being her and so was I. "Bye dad was going to get ready to sleep!" I took Liya's hand and ran upstairs before he could say anything else.

"Wow that was boring." Liya said, and I couldn't agree more. "Yea, we should get ready." I said,

Aaliyiah POV:

"Wow that was boring." I said, "Yea, we should get ready." Maria said. I turned away for one second and Maria is already in MY shorts with My t-shirt. "Hey, those are my clothes!" I said, "and how do you keep changing so fast?"  "I don't know, and can I please borrow them? I don't have any comfortable clothes, just night gowns..." She said, "No, those are my favorites and you're reckless." I said, and I turned away and held my hand up. When I didn't feel anything in my hand, I turned around and Maria was centimeters away from my face. "Please, Honey?" She said, And I turned around and blushed like crazy, I was even redder than before because There was a mirror right behind me. "Fine! Go ahead," I said, "ugh, you're too cute for your own good sometimes you know that." I said, and I quickly covered my mouth. "Huh? Sorry, I didn't hear you." She said, "NOTHING, I'm going to the bathroom to change." And I stomped all the way to the bathroom. 

As I was changing, I thought about how I felt about Maria,

She's really pretty and sweet. There's no doubt there, but how do I like her the way I like her now? I mean, I never felt this way in a long time, not since..

..It all makes sense, I've always had a crush on her. Since she was stone cold, and now a bundle of joy. I've always liked her. I just didn't know what to call my feeling because there was no chance that the old Maria would have ever liked me back...

Out of POV:

Aaliyiah stopped on that note and finished changing into another pair of clothes. When she walked out, Maria was jumping on her bed. "What are you doing?" Liya asked. "I'm bored, I was waiting for you." Maria replied. Liya shook her head but then smiled, she walked over and turned off the lights.

"Goodnight, we have a big day tomorrow." Liya said, "Goodnight Honey," Maria said, smirking. "Are you just going to call me honey from now on?"  "Got to make it believable honey." Maria said, and flipped her covers over her head.

"It's cute you think that I'm cute." Maria said, Liya went totally red and covered herself in her blankets as well. "Shutup.."  and Maria laughed to herself.

982 words.