Chapter 9

Sammy's POV

I wake up earlier than usual,

(Which is SUPER early) and decide to use my time wisely and take a nice long hot bubble bath. I go to my closet and pick out some leggings and a very colorful shirt. Honestly as much as I hate Crow, he definitely doesn't have bad style.

I walk into my bathroom and begin running my bath. I set the the temperature to extremely hot, and put so much bubbles in there that I think they actually might be over my mouth after I get in.

I slip out of my pajamas and slowly dip my foot into the water. WOW THAT'S HOT. I quickly pull my foot out and debate on whether to suck it up, or be like a 8 year old again and drain water to put more cold water in.

I choose to be a 8 year old.

As soon as I do the foot dip again and confirm that the water is definitely at 8 year old temperature, I get in. I lay back enjoying this relaxing time and close my eyes. I think about home and what I'm going to do if I am going to be stuck here for a really long time.

I come to a conclusion that there's no reason for me to suffer. It's not right, it's already guaranteed that I'm going to hate the whole "stay" here but why be depressed? Hopefully this will help me get through everything until I can find a way to get out with the girls and Melody. She's REALLY important to me.

I put in the cheap shampoo and conditioner Crow gets us, and take my time washing my hair. I'm honestly in no hurry to get out. This bath is so relaxing. When I finally decide to get out, I wrap myself in a fuzzy towel and take a seat on the bathroom counter. Staring into the mirror I start to see the changes in me.

I still look like me, that's for sure. My face still has faded marks from Crow's hands. Right now looking in the mirror, I see what people are talking about when they say that I look like my mom. I'm almost a spitting image of her right now. My hair doesn't have to same glow as it usually does, most likely because I don't have the right shampoos and conditioners here. My eyes look tired, not bright and lively like they did everyday before I came to this place.

Suddenly I hear my bedroom door open and someone comes in trying to walk quietly. I open the bathroom door slightly to see Annaleigh walking cautiously to my bed.

"Anna, I'm right here." I whisper. She flips immediately flips around to face me almost losing her balance. "What in the world are you doing in here! If Crow finds out you're in here, he will probably have a huge fit and then we will get punished longer!"

"I'm sorry!" She says looking at me with pleading eyes. "I had to see if you were okay, I had to talk to someone other then Macey." I look at her curiously.

"Macey?"

"Yeah, that's what I named my bird. Crazy right?" Anna said staring at the floor in embarrassment.

"No not at all." I say walking over to her and lifting up her chin with my finger. She looks at me confused, I quickly grab her hand taking her by surprise and pulling her to Melody's cage.

"This is Melody." I say smiling as Melody hops to the cage door and tweets. I don't ever let her out, because I'm not sure if I will be able to catch her if she flies around.

"You named her?" Anna questions hopefully. I nod my head. "Macey's like my best friend beside you guys in here. She always listens too me when I need to talk. Sam when we leave here I have to take her, she's everything to me now she needs to get out just like I do."She finishes seriously.

"I know Anna I'm taking Melody too. I have to, I feel the same exact way." I say honestly. There is no way I'm leaving here without Melody and from the looks of it Anna isn't leaving without Macey.