Chapter 5

Changing it up guys (:

Golden's (Annaleighs) POV .

After Sammy and Scarlett left I showered and now I'm going to look around the house to find Crow. I practically tip toe around like a ninja checking the whole entire house.

Honestly, it's not as big as any of us thought. We are only on the third floor and the only thing on our floor is our rooms and a guest bathroom. Which is quite funny considering we probably will never have guest here.

The fourth to eighth floor I discover is really only one big room with very high ceilings. Somehow he managed to knock out all the floors just to make them all one. As I stand in the 4th floor hallway I can't really make out what's in the huge room, I only know its a huge room because I can see through a very small crack in the only door that is even on this floor.

As I make my way back down the stairs I decide to stop on the second floor and see if maybe I can find Crow somewhere. The second floor is very empty and plain. There are no decorations on the walls and when I peak into a few of the rooms, I discover they are all painted beige and empty. Now that it's clear I'm not going to find Crow on this floor I make my way down to the first floor.

The first floor, is just a handful of rooms filled with Crow's supplies. As I reach the end of the hallway, I see a huge door with a Crow feather on top of the door frame. Suddenly nervous to knock and have to talk to Crow, my stomach begins feeling queasy and I turn around to head back up stairs.

Just as I turn away I hear the door open.

"Golden, what a nice surprise." Crow's voice rings through the hallway. As I turn around I'm not sure what to say. "What are you doing roaming around the hallway?" He says curious.

"Oh uhmmm, I.. I" I start but I can't seem to finish my sentence.

"Now Golden, there is no reason to be nervous while talking to me, what were you looking for?

"I uhmmm, I just wanted to apologize for my poor behavior when I first got here, and then ask if maybe I could have notebook to entertain myself with?" I mutter nervously as he just stares at me.

"Well I suppose so, I wouldn't want my birdie to be bored now would I? Just let me grab one real quick." He said smiling.

As he walks away into the room to the left of his, I let a huge sigh of relief out. That went way better than I had ever anticipated. After a few minutes or so Crow returned with a bright yellow note book and gave it to me.

"Thank you so much." I say forcing a smile.

"Your welcome Golden, now go upstairs and entertain yourself. I'll see you in the morning for breakfast." He finishes pulling me into a tight embrace and placing a kiss on my forehead. As soon as he let me go, I smiled an hurried upstairs. Even though the trip up the stairs killed my legs, I was just happy to be away from him.

As I lay on my nice fluffy bed I begin writing the escape plan. When I was looking around I got a good feel of the house and didn't notice any cameras, so that's an upside to this hurried plan.

I've decided the easiest way is to sneak out of our rooms around 3a.m and meet up at the stairwell. From there we can sneak down to the second floor and look in the rooms again to see if maybe one of them isn't empty and try to find anything to help us after we escape. Then we will go to the first floor and sneak out of the living room window and just run for it. That's our only option.

That's the best I have in such little time. I know it's not very well planned out, but it's a start and I pray to God it works. If it doesn't who knows what Crow will do or how long we will be here.

I put away the notebook and lay down already ready to wake up in the morning. We receive our chores tomorrow at breakfast and then we can review the plan, when we have the chance for girls time. I know for sure Sammy is on board but Scarlett I'm not so sure about. Throughout the whole time we met in my room she didn't say one thing. The only words that come out of her mouth are towards Crow.

I walk to the window and look at the moon wondering if my boyfriend back home would be looking at right now too. I blew a kiss to the sky saying my moms name, my dads name, and my boyfriends name. Whispering I love you to the moon a silent tear slides down my face. I wish they could know where I am and that I'm okay.

As I lay on my bed I try to fill my mind with all the happy memories I've had in my life. The happy memories and eagerness of wanting to escape tomorrow help me drift off into a peaceful sleep.

Bre's note: I apologize for this being short still, but like I said the chapters will start to lengthen as of Chapter 10. Thanks for reading, if you enjoyed vote or comment. If there are any questions feel free to message me and I will respond to as many as I can.